FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What software would you like to see on the market ?





Teddy1
Here type all your ideas for software you would like to see around. Whether it be anything from shutdown your computer at a given time or an msn addon. Just something for fun. Smile I would like to see a program that executes on the fly reversed typing. so that you would type backwards. Smile Pointless but i could certainly find it useful. Very Happy
{name here}
I'd like to see an OS that isn't a bloated piece of crap - something like CP/M with GEM running on top of it, only 32-bit, without memory restriction, and with modern applications.
VidE
I remember doing things on an Amiga with video years ago and years ahead of either the Mac or PC back then. Don't know if it was the hardware or software...but it occurs to me that an OS as well as applications were created years ago without the bloating.

I too would like to see an OS that is elegant and easy to use without the bloat.
izcool
Teddy1 wrote:
Here type all your ideas for software you would like to see around. Whether it be anything from shutdown your computer at a given time or an msn addon. Just something for fun. Smile I would like to see a program that executes on the fly reversed typing. so that you would type backwards. Smile Pointless but i could certainly find it useful. Very Happy


I have a program that does exactly that - do a search on Download.com for a program called "Switch Off", it's one that I really like since you can set a time for your computer to reboot, shutdown, etc. The other nice thing about it is that you can set it up to shut down remotely, like you type in the computer's IP address followed by :8000 and you'll be taken to a page to command a shutdown when you're not even in front of it.

I'd really like to find a program that can help me plan out my website a lot better. I have Microsoft Project, and it doesn't really cut it though.

- Mike.
Teddy1
Hmmmm for web sites, Try web page maker 2.3 that has alot of useful features. Smile Maybe you should check that out.
PseudoKnight
Opera + extensions = perfect.
wicke
I want to see speech-to-text softwares that understand every language and make real time translations. Also speech-to-speech with real time translation support can be very useful.
lukeropro
wicke wrote:
I want to see speech-to-text softwares that understand every language and make real time translations. Also speech-to-speech with real time translation support can be very useful.


Ooh that's difficult to program!
alienjones
An image-gallery-crawler that follows links automatically, displays the found thumbnails in tabs per site and enables to download the desired orginal-size image by only clicking on the thumbnail in the preview Very Happy
kiranaghor
I use os Mac Tiger. I would like to see a damn good feature rich screen recording software. The one like Camtasia for windows. There is one software called Snapz Pro X but it is not upto the mark. They don't even care to make it universal binary.
fadirocks
kiranaghor wrote:
I use os Mac Tiger. I would like to see a damn good feature rich screen recording software. The one like Camtasia for windows. There is one software called Snapz Pro X but it is not upto the mark. They don't even care to make it universal binary.


if you didn't do this yet but look in SourceForge.net you might find something for Mac OS Very Happy I try many things there Smile
cell-guru
I'd like to have a software that helps me to search in all the search engines at once.
eLto
I'd like "Virtual Reality". Remember back in the day when you'd put on some "goggles" and the world inside the computer would be interactive to your movements? Kinda like the Johnny Quest series, where they ventured into QuestWorld. now that would be cool. Kinda like the matrix, without the risk of dying.
GameFreak
I'd like to get a software that makes Scripting a lot easier but is very advanced. I would want something like a one-click function to create forms, pages and advanced scripts using PHP, JavaScript and lots of other advanced stuff.
cheeta
I wan to see all software goes free Smile ...

The idea is what DAP does... small Ads on top bar... and few features are with paid version... but the basic tools neeeds to go free for personal usage...

also more softwares for MAC...
izcool
cell-guru wrote:
I'd like to have a software that helps me to search in all the search engines at once.


I'd like to direct you to DogPile.com then. It combines the major search engines into one.

- Mike.
orno
alienjones wrote:
An image-gallery-crawler that follows links automatically, displays the found thumbnails in tabs per site and enables to download the desired orginal-size image by only clicking on the thumbnail in the preview Very Happy


i think flashgot can do atleast some of those things....
Shake
I want to see a really nice (as in commercial) video and audio editor/creator/recorder that can incorporate 3d modelling tools, photoshop, and flash all in one program. I'd also like it to be able to export/save to nearly any file format used for distributing media. I just want one program for that. Right now I have about 50.

I'd also like to see a nice looking but low on features HTML editor. I want a nice interface but I don't want something that takes a long time to load or a stupid auto-correct feature that is always wrong and constantly annoying me.
Shin
I would like to see a software, well more like a OS that fully support multi-lingual. At the moment it's still a pain try to use software with different language. Usually they don't display correctly, or you have to reboot XP with different regional settings.
myworld
Screen readers that sound natural and don't take for ever to read a single line.
sarapicoazul
Open sourced original ATI and Nvidia drivers.
Josso
OS with the compatibility of Windows but the great design of Mac, also possibly with the server capabilities of Linux.

I'd call it the άber OS.

Realisticly not going to happen though is it Laughing
Related topics
Oracle works quietly with Mozilla
Windows Vista Official Thread
Google delares war on Microsoft!!!
Windows Service Pack 3 Preview, 100+ hotfixes
For everyone with their eyes shut: Get a MAC
Software Piracy
cricket
Pirated Software : What if we can't afford original ones
Which is the best Mobile phone
Software piracy
Can i be accused ?
Is Apple more monopolistic than Microsoft?
Google Chrome OS
Year's Most-Hacked Software
Is IT a good career choice
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Software

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.