FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Javascript problem...I think :S

MetalCoreModz
Hey, I downloaded a program that I use to mod a game, and it doesnt run on my comuter, its ".jar" file, of which I think im correct in saying is a Java Console program. I have all the latest Java Updates installed on my pc and just to say im running Windows XP Home Edition and its a Genuine Copy.

If anyone could shed some light on this problem for me it would be greatly appreciated :-]

Thnx
Teddy1
.jar files are also Nokia application files. I haven't come across anything other than game files that have the extension .jar. If the mod is a .jar file i'm guessing it will be a simple copy, paste and replace procedure. If not then i would say the mod you have is either fake, a dud or just not for the game you have.
MetalCoreModz
Ok thnx!

Smile
LethcanAernis
mod ussually comes from less trusthworthy pages, could be anything. Try to open the file in notepad.exe and see if the header can tell you what kind of file it is? also virus scan the file.

Jar is a java zip file (Java ARchive)... so try to "unzip" those file with correct program, 7zip can open it and a lot others.

Read more about the jar format here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAR_%28file_format%29
MetalCoreModz
Ok ill try that
thnx