FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP - Code

wangbin218200
ok how can i have a system just like www.hi5.com , where when a user register , he will be asked for his hotmail email and password , then automatically an email goes to all his msn contact list (an email like an invitation ) ... ? so without he write his msn contact list's emails , he only put the username and pass and it emails all his contact list.. how i do that?
thanks a lot
hexkid
wangbin218200 wrote:
how can i have a system [...] where when a user register , he will be asked for his hotmail email and password ,
What happens to users, like me, who do not have an hotmail account?

wangbin218200 wrote:
then automatically an email goes to all his msn contact list (an email like an invitation ) ... ?
If I were to register at your site, I'd never use the same password as I have for the email account. There is no way you can access my contact list without my password (I believe this is also true for hotmail accounts).

wangbin218200 wrote:
so without he write his msn contact list's emails , he only put the username and pass and it emails all his contact list.. how i do that?
If you can convince your users to give you the password for their hotmail account, maybe cURL can do what you want.

If what you really want is to send mails pretending to be someone else, the mail() function may, depending on the server configuration (and the receiving server configuration), allow you to do that.

Code:
<?php
mail('friend1@hotmail.com', 'test', 'This is a test');
mail('friend2@hotmail.com', 'test', 'This is a test',
      'From: "Good Friend" <friend@hotmail.com>');
mail('friend3@hotmail.com', 'test', 'This is a test',
      'From: "Good Friend" <friend@hotmail.com>', '-ffriend@hotmail.com');
?>
coreymanshack
I don't think he is trying to get users to give him their email password.
Rhysige
Actually thats exactly what he is trying to do, have it so the site automatically logs in using the username and password provided and grabs all the contact details and sends them an email... personally I wouldnt sign up to something like this nor do I know if it can be done without working with Hotmail to develop a system?
Kurosaki-Ichigo
It cannot be done since you dont know the servers address and its modifications. What you can do is have an affiliate system where anyone that refers someone gets points or whatever.