FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

photography!! :)

Liu
Here's a few photos for a small taste:

I'm a self taught learning photographer, and I just wanted to share some of my photos with you. If you like what you see, just stop by my site for more:

http://pixeliuted.sytes.net

If you have photos you can share also, please do -- I love critiquing and viewing others works also.
thealpha
Wao , your photos are very good, do you buy expensive camera or lens in order to take those photos?
Liu
I use a Canon 20D with stock lense, roughly $1300 right now.

Don't be fooled though, I've seen some horrible pictures produced by the same camera. It's the person behind the camera that makes the shot afterall. Wink
KoZGM
nice the pic ^^ Very Happy
Annush_K
Beautiful photos, I especially love the second one. Brilliant composition and those clouds just seem to be moving!

I also love photography. My dad and I bought a "semi-professional" camera recently and every time there is a possibillity to go somewhere and take pics, we have a fight for it. Usually dad wins, but it's only until I buy a camera for my own Very Happy
I dream of taking photography professionally, but unfortunately I don't have enough free time. :\
roseredd
Your work is amazing! I love your site as well- I'm pleased to see that you kept it simple and clean. It really emphasizes your photos. To many times, people photograph what seems (to me) to be clutter. Your gallery shows you know how to make the focus of the picture really stand out!

I'm definatly bookmarking your site, fo refrence if/when I ever get to have my own. I would love to get your input/advice on my photos as well, if you like! Very Happy

I have a gallery at deviantart.com...here is a link: http://roseredd.deviantart.com/gallery/ Hope you like them!

-RR
Liu
roseredd - your photos are very well done. I love the crisp quality, and am especially enjoying your spider web shots!
leman
Hello i also love to take pics, my main models are my cats ( i breed birmans)

Here are some of them

leman
and some cats

shuvo
Liu wrote:

I'm a self taught learning photographer, and I just wanted to share some of my photos with you. If you like what you see, just stop by my site for more:

If you have photos you can share also, please do -- I love critiquing and viewing others works also.

Oh, I think you know good Photography and is a good Photographer too.
Congrats to your Photography Life from me.

Thanks
Shuvo......... Very Happy
leman
thanx so much

I visited your website, like some pics very much

I'm a canon user too, eos350d, 100mm 2.8 macro lens (canon), 28-105 2,8-4 sigma, 70-300 apo dg macro sigma, some macro tubes, and 1.4 multiplicator
Keran
I always admired how you photographers can catch so much small details on like those bugs and nature etc. It really looks awesome
roseredd
Liu wrote:
roseredd - your photos are very well done. I love the crisp quality, and am especially enjoying your spider web shots!

Thank you so much! Those spiderweb pics seem to be favorites of most people who see my stuff Very Happy
oskuro
wow incredible photos, are you professional photographers or something??Cause they just look P-E-R-F-E-C-T you must have a very good camera Shocked Shocked
leman
here are some more

Scoria
Liu:
I love the first two pics, but the third, not my style, not saying its bad. Maybe its just me, and its probably not that way (sorry), but the first one, the sky, looks a bit photoshop edited.
Looked at your site a bit, and really nice once there Smile

Leman:
I like your pictures of animals, specially the bird (with the big round eyes, dunno its name in English!), and that hamster or whatever it is. Great work, keep it up Smile

To both of you, where do you live, since your environment looks awsome. Im more on a city side, nothing nice as that here Sad

//Johan
hunterm
Liu wrote:

Fantastic pics. Do you use a digital slr or film camera?
fionab
OK so I give up your pics are amazing. I have just started out and am definitley a learner compaired to yourself. I have a Canon 350D and am looking at gett some lenses in November. I want to get into Macro as well as portraits. I started out as I wanted to document the new love of my life my sone but have now grown into really enjoying all aspects of my new hobby.
Love to see More.
fionab
What format do you shoot your pictures in jpeg or raw. Do you photoshop them?
p1nkapp1e
i've always wondered how well some sceneries can be captured on photos. thats really beautiful! i love the second picture, the clouds are simply amazing. though i've got a question: do you edit the pictures to change the lighting or whatso ever?
tuncay
Liu wrote:

especially the last one is great, is it touched or just out of the cam?
CafeMaster
its very nice image,
i can't believe that u guys thought like that,
its excellent images
as well as photographic skill

keep it up and show us better images.

cafemaster
Liu
leman - your photos of animals are stunning.

scoria - I currently live in Santa Barbara while I go to college. Our campus is literally right next to the beach.

hunterm - I use a dslr, the canon 20d w/ stock lens only. I'm in the market for an Canon L-series lens this coming two months.

p1nkapp1e - the majority of the time, i apply a curves mask only to get preferred contrast and highlights, and use the channel mixer when converting to black and white. I try my best to keep it closest to what I see through the camera.

fionab - the majority of the time I shoot in RAW. Jpeg for non serious things. I do photoshop the images, but most of the photoshop work is a minute worth of work. So it's minimal.

tuncay - changed to black and white using channel mixer, that's all.

Thanks for the comments all, it encourages me to do better. Smile
Motoracer380
yall must have some fancy slrs
jharsika
Wow these are all really amazing photographs. I've just started dabbling a bit myself, the other day I followed around a local band and took around 168 digital pictures, a bunch of which I'm going to change.
Here are a few, unedited:

Go ahead and comment, I'm an amateur and would love critique Smile [As long as it is warranted....]
Rico
Photography has really been revolutionized by the addition of the digital medium, it seems like yall are having a lot of fun.
girlcalledjay
Leman your animal shots are just fabulous. I especiallylove your beautiful cats (and I'm a dog person!!).

I love shooting animals and children, but the time you need for the perfect shots is sometimes difficult to find.

Do you have more of your pics on a site??
Annush_K
leman, your animals are just amazing 0_0. And very inspiring, I must say. Do you have a website/gallery thing so I could see more? :3
JollyMon
There are some excellent photos displayed on this post. Some real talent at work. I also am a photographer and my personal passion is wildlife photography, although I will take a picture of anything that holds still long enough for me to click the shutter and some things that won't. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to link any of my pictures I have on the Web to this forum so if you want to see some examples of my work please check it out at: http://himtnphotog.tripod.com/. Lavish praise is appreciated. Laughing
discountcontacts
im a novice. what differentiates a good photo from a bad photo? Or what makes a masterpiece?

Other than their technique: camera angles on subject, lighting, focus, colour, usage of natural light etc
indianinworld
WoW !!! Surprised

Awazing Photos buddy...

BTW, I have a question to all of you people. Even iam interested in photography. But the problem with me is that i can not spend much money in buying a Camera.

Tell me one thing - Professional Photography can only be shown in Digital SLR or SLR type cameras, isn't it ??

Other than Digital SLR / SLR, What do you people think - Which camera in the Digital Line Segment is best for Photography from Canon ???

Please help me in this regard.

keep smiling....
indianinworld
THe First photograph looks very good. By the way, (Just for my Information) How did you do that ??

Liu wrote:

XeRo
I like to take pictures of everything, here's a sample...

SAW II
thealpha
the photos are grate, all are attractive
Studio Madcrow
Amazing work. You really ought to think about either going pro or simply at least selling a few pictures to a stock library. Or you could be really cool and donate to one of the AMAZING free stock photo services such as openphoto.net or morguefile.com

Either way, you should do something to get these out more...
fionab
Studio Madcrow, how about you show us some of your work! Your links do not work or is that intentinal? I agree with you his work is amazing he really should get more exposure.
Studio Madcrow
fionab wrote:
Studio Madcrow, how about you show us some of your work! Your links do not work or is that intentinal? I agree with you his work is amazing he really should get more exposure.

Don't mean to hijack or anything, but my links work fine. Just go to http://www.studiomadcrow.frih.net/ and you should have no problems. I look forward to your comments on my work.
tsukiyuuki
Everyone's photos are really fantastic!

I'm also a photographer, and though an amateur, I'm trying to follow in my father's footsteps as far as skill goes, though I don't plan to make a career out of it like he did.

I've posted links to a couple of photos in my thread in the Personal Art Gallery, but they aren't my best.

I have some other photos posted on my DeviantArt account - they're considerably better, though all the photos from that batch were lost when my old harddrive died in '05.

If anyone is interested, my DA gallery is at http://tsukiyuuki.deviantart.com
jharsika
Well....I've recently become a little bit obsessed with photography and have a few actual good ones!

check out my mizweb.deviantart.com page. I have a bunch of stuff uploaded there and there's more to come.

I wish I could get the right equipment! I'm still learning how to use photo-editing programs and learning how to do certain techniques. Photography has always intrigued me. Smile
mimsxmassacre
dslrs

are

amazing

Pentax has a couple of DSLR's priced lower and the under-$600 K100D may be worth a look, but I am no longer familiar with the Pentax line. It took them quite a while to take the digital market seriously, so they do not have so many offerings.
Sipe
Wow! Your pictures are just so good.. Perfect. Amazing. Unbeliavable. :O I just love those pics.

I myself take photos as hobby. And I like to take pictures of animals, usually dogs and horses Very Happy There is some of my photos: http://www.sipe.frih.net. Sorry, the language is finnish! Hope that you will see even couple photos in there :> Oh, and some old photos are taken with Canon Photoshot A75, but the new ones is by Canon EOS 350D.
I am dedicated Canonist Razz
alyer
Nice photo!!! Very nice!
I have Sony A-100 reflex camera with kit lense.