FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Redesign Homepage

william
When I open http://www.frihost.com (the homepage of Frihost), I see white, gray, black, and some blue. Basically what I'm trying to say is that the homepage doesn't really attract some people. (It attracted me, but that was mainly because I saw Frihost's incredible amount of storage and bandwidth). So, I think a redesign to the homepage would be nice. When I go to other hosts, I usually see a coloful page with pictures of servers.

Now, for me, I think its fine as is, though a redesign might attract other people. It's just a thought, but some people really judge websites by their first impressions of the homepage.

It's probably not too important. What do you think?
zjosie729
When I first landed on that page, I had no idea how to sign up for web hosting. I stayed because I saw how much storage and bandwidth you get. I think Frihost should do a redesign (so it's more attractive, like william said), and have the apply today link direct to a page where there is the new account signup for the forums, and the help text that it has right now.

In Firefox 1.5.0.7, the "directory" link on the homepage drops below the other links, for some reason.

Also, if you've enlarged the text on the homepage.... look at the page now!!! Sad
tidruG
Already working on a completely redesigned home page... thanks for the inputs.
Manofgames
It does make it lok horrible.

I cam across frihost years ago, but the drab colours, made me feel relcutent, as well as the fact that you had to post on the forum(which as you can prbably tell, i don't mind now Very Happy ).

It was only when I looked in a free webhost directory, that i decided to try Frihost.

(P.s. on the same subject, is there any hope of installing some new phpbb themes? Wink )
ocalhoun
^The sad thing is that a week after implementing the new design people will probably be suggesting a new re-design, completely oblivious to the fact that we just had one. (Okay, perhaps a week is a bit low, give it a month or two.)
Bondings
Manofgames wrote:
(P.s. on the same subject, is there any hope of installing some new phpbb themes? Wink )

New themes no, new design yes, customization yes. I would like everyone to have the same design/theme, however with the option to customize it to their own needs.
Manofgames
Bondings wrote:
Manofgames wrote:

New themes no, new design yes, customization yes. I would like everyone to have the same design/theme, however with the option to customize it to their own needs.

in what way would we be able to customise the forum??

I mean, would customisation be classed as mods??
TeenZine
Since theres so many tallanted frihosters here why dont you have a contest best looking homepage wins an extra 1,000 mb of trafic or something like that. Or a domain or like maybe there site top on the frihost directory.
Manofgames
or...... more FRI$????

that might work, just like that thing where if you can correct bondings post you getFRI$.

Give it a try Bondings, there might be a talented designer among us....... Very Happy
Bondings
I want to make the design myself.
TeenZine
Ok im pretty sure you would be good at designing but im not sure how much time you would have with frihost.