FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dark Messiah

Cov3r70ps
I've had great expectancy for this game and was wondering what everybody else thinks about it. The single player looks like it will be the best part.
Keran
I played the MP. It's very good, i like it. Full version should pwn ;>
Cov3r70ps
Yeah, I need to get a new computer thoguh! Very Happy
I have trouble with lag. lol
djsamsung
the best thing is it's using HL2's engine!
Zpanzer
djsamsung wrote:
the best thing is it's using HL2's engine!

Agreed, lovely engine.

Is there a MP Demo up or is still closed beta?

I really loved the Singleplayer demo Very Happy
z054301
I've been following this for awhile now. All I can say is that I just can't wait.

Quote:
Zpanzer wrote
Is there a MP Demo up or is still closed beta?

I'll second wanting to know that.

Its a real shame, I haven't seen many games being developed with the Source engine. It definetely is one of the leaders in terms of engines at the moment
Zpanzer
as far as i find out its a closed beta, so i guess ill have to wait to the full game come out Smile i still enjoy the demo some times, dual wielding is too nice Razz
Kitten Kong
THe game comes out in a few days, I just finished the demo and my god it looks good. Awesome gameplay too, I love having the ability to kill using the physics, kicking an orc into a fire and having him run around until death, kicking him onto spikes, cutting the rope on the inexplicable bunch of logs tied to the roof and bringing it down on their heads..... in fact, i didn't kill a single orc by wearing down his health with my sword Smile

Bring on the full game!
bonestorm74
I've also been looking forward to this one. Has anyone tried out the retail version, and if so what do you think? I am especially interested in multiplayer as this is where the replayability of the game comes into account.
Fenroy
I actually just found out about this game a few days ago when MicroCenter sent me an email saying they'll have it in stock on its release date. I took the time to look into it via the official website, and I must say...I'm impressed. I'll probably wait for a bit until the price drops to buy it, but I love the fact that it's a first person melee game. That's something you don't see too often, and it's rather refreshing. It should be a good take on it, too, since it uses HL2's engine. Should be a mighty good game.
Kitten Kong
Yeah, the only problem is that you ahve to tackle STEAM if you want to play multiplayer, now i don't know if that is only for online or if its LAN capabilities are non-existent, but after the debacle that was the Half-Life 2 install I refuse to support anything that is associated with steam. Can't install a game you paid for unless you have an internet connection, and then it can take hours. What a JOKE

Still, single player might be good.

But FFS
lop10a16
Oh ho.
Can you help me about install half life 2???
PM:love_bird_on_line@yahoo.com.
PseudoKnight
Kitten, buy and download through Steam before judging it. My experience was superb. I agree that the boxed copy experience was probably sub-par, though apparently it's been much improved. (i hope you didn't install on release day?)

Dark Messiah has LAN multiplayer. I'm not sure if Steam is required for SP installation from a boxed copy. I downloaded it.
Zpanzer
i dont like the steam client, have always have lots of problems with it, suddenly getting disconnected from games, havnt been able to log in for a long time and general crashes and so on. But if it is required for MP, i will install it again Smile
moonblade
Tried the demo, if the game is like that, I am definitely getting a new favourite. Rogue part was brilliant... Once I get enough free funds, I'll be givign this one a spin.

As to STEAM, ick, ick, ick. I have a boxed version of HL2, and about 3 months ago, I had the urge to reinstall it and play a bit. Well, installing took around 8 minutes, so I had tea and all that... And then, there was the authentication process! Well, okay, fine. But by the Old ones, how long can downloading nine freaking begabytes take? Argh! But is that the end of the torture? No! Auto-update kicks in, downloading all the new patches! Oh the joy... How about me not wanting patches? Urgh. So, yes, definitely against Steam here.

(For the note, my net speed is 2MB, so, it's not exactly that problem)
PseudoKnight
And there's the crux of the matter. Some people just don't know how to use Steam properly. If you don't want updates, you CAN turn them off.

If you're having problems with signing on or it crashing, start with taking a good hard look at your anti-virus. Next, try the basic solutions including deleting the blob file.
Cov3r70ps
I love steam personally... It's growing every day. It has games on it now that I would have never dreamed of it having before. Soon enough I wont even have to go to the store for a video game ever again! Twisted Evil Plus it auto updates everything.

But, now that Dark Messiah is out, I think I can safley say that it lived up to all of my expectations. It's a great game and I recomend it to all of you. Can't wait until I start seeing soem mods for this bad boy. I've already palyed through the game twice. Very Happy

The multiplayer is also great, but my computer only gets about 12 fps... Sad
Once that gets sorted out, me and Dark Messiah may become inseperable. Very Happy
mtoni
hmm I can't wait for the multiplayer :p
The stories I heard about that, are just marvelous
This game has a great potential imo
Keran
After playing single player i got kinda disappointed.
Sure the game has great fighting engine, graphics, feel of the world... But i expected something like Oblivion where you could go arround and do whatever you want and here you got few levels that you need to complete in only 1 way, there are boundaries and u can't wander arround. You can't even talk to side NPCs...
And next thing is that the game is very short, few hours only and you're done.
I really expected something more after those big advertisements telling how the game is so great...
But i still liked the superb fighting engine ;]
Dr4goN
Singleplayer is good as hell. Don't trust Gamespot review.
arkebuzer
Keran wrote:
After playing single player i got kinda disappointed.
Sure the game has great fighting engine, graphics, feel of the world... But i expected something like Oblivion where you could go arround and do whatever you want and here you got few levels that you need to complete in only 1 way, there are boundaries and u can't wander arround. You can't even talk to side NPCs...
And next thing is that the game is very short, few hours only and you're done.
I really expected something more after those big advertisements telling how the game is so great...
But i still liked the superb fighting engine ;]

that´s sad. I thought it was pretty much the same kind of gameplay as oblivion. Good you wrote that though, saved me some time(so I did not have to try it myself just to be disappointed) Smile
Tuxy
Great game, I'm probably gonna buy it
eliasr
its a great game, and mty computer runs great on alot of stuff, but, when it comes to this. 5 min - 10 min of loding time ,for 1 map.

laggy inside, cause it's so big and thats why i don't play it.
i don't understand why they make a game in such a way, that it would have to be verry verry hard to run on a 3 GHZ 512 mb ram, nvidea grafic card, with external memory for the video. and alot of free disk space.

i cant say if its better than any other games , because of this, but i bet its better than battlefield 2142, as i think is extremly good, and fun.
m_furquan36
Its really a great game,i loved it and yes the single player is the best part Smile