FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Work Experience - recommendations

secret_soul
Ok. I have to do a weeks worth of work experience this year, for my school and I was wondering what people would recommend. I actually want to learn something and I don't want to be stuck behind a desk, filing things for a whole week.

Any ideas?
AftershockVibe
Ah good old work experience. Well, I'll be honest you're not likely to be doing much more than making tea unless you already know something about what you're doing.

I was quite musical so I went and worked in a shop which sold instruments. My brother went to a small computer company and helped test some things for them.

I'd try to avoid supermarket type shops unless stacking shelves is your idea of fun.
Jazradem
Go somewhere with stuff you can do. Watching a guy in an office type reports all day is boring.

I went to a hospital for my work experiance and it was awesome. We performed an experiment on sheep to measure current across it's heart during a attack. It was so awesome cutting open a sheep and fitting the sock thing across it's heard for measurement. Maybe not everbodies thing, but I had a great time.

Don't go to a desk job, even if it's something you really enjoy. I also did time working as a technican and even though I enjoy that sort of computing, I didn't enjoy it working.

And never, ever go somewhere hoping you'll get a job.
secret_soul
Thanks for the advice guys, although I'm going to have to pass on the hospital thing - I'm very squeamish.

I think I'm going to work in a theatre.