FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Lost - Season 3 discussion





snowboardalliance
OK, rather than finding and bumping the way old LOST topic I'm starting a new one to talk about the new episodes if anyone is interested.


SPOILERS (episode 3.1)
--
--
--
--

Well the premiere was awesome in my opinion. So we now know that "the others" live in some kind of community with houses (and a book club?). Lots of questions about the others are still out there but I'm really concerned with

how do they know about everyone, even being "isolated" on the island? Can they leave? Force others to come? Communicate? Is the island really hidden to the world?

and

Why are the flight 815 passengers really here? I've heard rumors that the Desmond story for the crash isn't necessarily true, maybe it is. But were they all selected? How much control did the others have on bringing them here? It seems like Jack was researched like he had been selected or soemthing.

Then of course
What happened in the hatch? ...to Desmond? ..Eko? ...Locke? Are the others just doing a pyscology experiment? How is DHARMA related to all this? The pearl, WTH? Was the pearl just made to confuse the people in the swan? It did have like a million tubes in the jungle like someone actaully filled notebooks...

Yeah, I really hope we get some answers in this mini-series.
tuncay
I guess this season will raise more questions than answered.
antonio100
best tv show ever made Laughing
rfarrand
lost is the greatest show ever made and so addicting...i can't stop watching it...lol

sad part is i had to miss this past weeks episode of the season preimere of season 3...i almost cried for hours on end because i missed it...good thing for itunes and being able to download it. Smile

that made me so happy. so i will have to come back to this forum once i have watched it for the 3rd time. then i will know what is going on...or have more questions then answers.
Octaeder
snowboardalliance wrote:
What happened in the hatch? ...to Desmond? ..Eko? ...Locke?


Apparantly according to ep synopsis (although who knows how reliable they are) we won't find that out until episode 3.

That said I'd imagine that, given Eko, Locke and Desmond all appear on the season 3 promotional poster, they all survive.
snowboardalliance
Octaeder wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
What happened in the hatch? ...to Desmond? ..Eko? ...Locke?


Apparantly according to ep synopsis (although who knows how reliable they are) we won't find that out until episode 3.

That said I'd imagine that, given Eko, Locke and Desmond all appear on the season 3 promotional poster, they all survive.


Yeah episode 2 preview for 3 is clearing it up a litttle.

I REALLY want to know what is up with "the others"
m_furquan36
Lost after like the first season became quite unrealistic and slowly has become quite stale...they should have kept the plain simple lost on a island thing rather then to add like secret rooms and shadow monsters Razz
Havent seen season 3 but saw it fully up to season 2...guess season 3 is like 2 in many ways..
Nigeria
I hate this series I really enjoyed Invasion so much more they should have cancelled this and kept Invasion instead.
bigdbag
LOVE THIS SHOW

I was quite the skeptic in the beginning, and by the time season 2 rolled around, I was only beginning to watch season 1 on dvd. IT's GREAT
gr3gg3r
This show is a new addiction to me. The new season does seem to raise even more questions than before, but it is still entertaining and I can't stop watching it. I can't wait until next weeks episode.
todofecav
I think the begining of 3 season is a little poor than the beginning of 2 season.

what do you think?

Where is all the rest of airplane people?
endure
I love Lost! It's the greatest show I've ever had the pleasure to see, as for the season 3 beginning I have to say it's very interesting, I've seen all 3 episodes that came out so far and I am very anxious to see the ones to fallow. Very interesting things are happening and everything is like one big riddle, why were "the others" so mysterious? what were they hiding? what were they hiding from? how did they have contacts with outside world?

Simply amazing and I can't wait till next episode gets out so I can download and watch it, all tho I heard that they will only make 4 episodes this year and the rest next year? I was like wtf?? can anyone confirm if these rumors are true or false... cuz I can't wait till 2007 to see the 5th episode, the suspans is killing me, really is.

Anyway LOST FTW!
nitesh
Every episodes raises more question than it answers and it gets more intriguing. They have introduced a lot of new characters, i think now the flash back stories will revolved around their lives rather than the older characters. I hope that they keep answering few questions per episode. Anyway the third season is going great !
snowboardalliance
endure wrote:
I love Lost! It's the greatest show I've ever had the pleasure to see, as for the season 3 beginning I have to say it's very interesting, I've seen all 3 episodes that came out so far and I am very anxious to see the ones to fallow. Very interesting things are happening and everything is like one big riddle, why were "the others" so mysterious? what were they hiding? what were they hiding from? how did they have contacts with outside world?

Simply amazing and I can't wait till next episode gets out so I can download and watch it, all tho I heard that they will only make 4 episodes this year and the rest next year? I was like wtf?? can anyone confirm if these rumors are true or false... cuz I can't wait till 2007 to see the 5th episode, the suspans is killing me, really is.

Anyway LOST FTW!


OK, first of all how are you able to see the 3rd episode that airs tomorrow?

And to clear things up, its a 6 episode mini-series, then a break before the last 17 episodes in...januay I think. NOt bad since 17 will be in a row with no re-runs.
eday2010
Season 1 was my favourite. After that, it started getting too far fetched. I was more enthralled in the show when they were trying to figure out how to get off the island and exploring it. Finding out that "others" live there in houses and stuff is a bit much. The shadow monster thing was cool, and sho was finding the hatch, but the whole thing with the pushing of the button and running water and electricity took away from the mytique of the show. And now having some of them cpatured and held in a compound is becoming too much.

I'll still watch it for the sake of finding out what happens and to see if any hotties take their tops off Razz, but I am not as obsessed with the show as I was in season one.
pudovkin
It is boring me. Nothing actually relevant seems to be happen.
Jeff_vella_leone
snowboardalliance wrote:
OK, rather than finding and bumping the way old LOST topic I'm starting a new one to talk about the new episodes if anyone is interested.


SPOILERS (episode 3.1)
--
--
--
--

Well the premiere was awesome in my opinion. So we now know that "the others" live in some kind of community with houses (and a book club?). Lots of questions about the others are still out there but I'm really concerned with

how do they know about everyone, even being "isolated" on the island? Can they leave? Force others to come? Communicate? Is the island really hidden to the world?

and

Why are the flight 815 passengers really here? I've heard rumors that the Desmond story for the crash isn't necessarily true, maybe it is. But were they all selected? How much control did the others have on bringing them here? It seems like Jack was researched like he had been selected or soemthing.

Then of course
What happened in the hatch? ...to Desmond? ..Eko? ...Locke? Are the others just doing a pyscology experiment? How is DHARMA related to all this? The pearl, WTH? Was the pearl just made to confuse the people in the swan? It did have like a million tubes in the jungle like someone actaully filled notebooks...

Yeah, I really hope we get some answers in this mini-series.


well the first time i saw LOST i was shocked as how much interesting the movie was, i wasnt even at my house
very edictive indeeed
and allthough i missed lot of it cos of school and work i still wanna get the series on dvd soon and watch them all because i got really interested in it.
in the movie it seems they know that she was gonna come there and that what makes the mistry and the story so interesting Smile
sonicj
the story lines are so spit up now...it is getting harder to follow. i think i would rather see a little of each persons situation in a show than 2 episodes of one group then 1 episode of another.

My son was watching the first season on dvd the other day and i started to watch some with him...there are so many things that i forgot about that i wonder if they will ever be answered or if the goal is to just keep us going off on new tangents and never knowing anything. still one of my favorite series.
AG007
I like Lost I have been watching since it started.
In the first and second episode, it kinda went slow, but thats because most of the time there were flashbacks.
I am linking season 3, its revealing more stuff about the island and the others. (I dont want to spoil, so I ll stop here).
eday2010
the show this week was good. it seemed like a back-to-basics episode: traversing through the jungle and whatnot. next weeks episode looks retarded. i am not cool with the whole prison bunkers and others injecting people with stuff storyline. it'd be nice if they'd start attempting to get off the island again.

I will say that i found the part a couple weeks ago when jack was told the Red Sox won the world series amusing. His reaction to the claim and then his reaction to seeing it on tv was excellent.
Indyan
I just cant wait for the next episode. From the promos it appears that finally we some secrets will be revealed.

Links to Promos
http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/2LouvfYhQ3idR3JGz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maPxBV3MCkk&eurl=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP5I2zIs-78&eurl=


The Official Sypnosis for Episode 6 “I do” .

Jack makes a decision regarding Ben’s offer; Kate feels helpless when it looks like Pickett is going to make good on his threat to kill Sawyer; Locke discovers a hidden message that may help unlock the island’s secrets.

http://wchstv.com/schedule/schedule19.shtml
Jeff_vella_leone
stop spoiling it pls Razz havent seen that part yet damit shut up plsssss
im so interested in the story that i envy u damit.
ben leslie
i think they will be rescued this season because of what happened at the end of season 2
Indyan
ben leslie wrote:
i think they will be rescued this season because of what happened at the end of season 2


No way. I think Lost is gonna have atleast 5 seasons.
sonicj
ok...didn't see that coming...2 islands? with all the running around the island they have done, how did they miss that fact?
Jeff_vella_leone
sonicj wrote:
ok...didn't see that coming...2 islands? with all the running around the island they have done, how did they miss that fact?


heh in fact they did too much running around that dam island to miss anything
snowboardalliance
sonicj wrote:
ok...didn't see that coming...2 islands? with all the running around the island they have done, how did they miss that fact?


Yeah that was pretty crazy.
I'm still wondering who the Others really are. I mean, was Jack really just brought there simply because someone (Ben??) needs spinal surgery? Dang, too many questions.
Indyan
Did you guys see the promo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtpOdbFjk8&eurl=
.. The island grows restless..the next 2 episodes will change everything.. !!!!
sonicj
Indyan wrote:
Did you guys see the promo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtpOdbFjk8&eurl=
.. The island grows restless..the next 2 episodes will change everything.. !!!!


When I first saw that promo, I thought that was an alien on the camera...it looked like big black eyes. If you pause the promo you can see it is a guy with an eye patch.
snowboardalliance
Indyan wrote:
Did you guys see the promo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtpOdbFjk8&eurl=
.. The island grows restless..the next 2 episodes will change everything.. !!!!


Wow that was a lot of fast changing images. So are they revisting the pearl station you think?

Only 2 more episodes left and then we have a huge break, I hope they answer a lot more.
Indyan
snowboardalliance wrote:
Indyan wrote:
Did you guys see the promo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtpOdbFjk8&eurl=
.. The island grows restless..the next 2 episodes will change everything.. !!!!


Wow that was a lot of fast changing images. So are they revisting the pearl station you think?

Only 2 more episodes left and then we have a huge break, I hope they answer a lot more.

Yup. Locke is visiting pearl again for sure.
That guy indeed looks scary. He has one eyeball missing!!
johnsonap
From the UK, trying to catch up weekly with this season - is the whole thing not going a bit off the track now?

(P.S. - anyone not uptodate with this, why would you read this topic and complain that we who have seen it are talking about it? - just warning before you read below!!)

Underwater tunnel me thinks? to an island that the survivors had never seen before, yet they have virtually gone all the way round the main island?
First season best program i have ever seen, second season - still best program i have ever seen, third season, still stays top but maybe because of the first tow seasons?? Agreements?
kyeniz
Indyan wrote:
snowboardalliance wrote:
Indyan wrote:
Did you guys see the promo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtpOdbFjk8&eurl=
.. The island grows restless..the next 2 episodes will change everything.. !!!!


Wow that was a lot of fast changing images. So are they revisting the pearl station you think?

Only 2 more episodes left and then we have a huge break, I hope they answer a lot more.

Yup. Locke is visiting pearl again for sure.
That guy indeed looks scary. He has one eyeball missing!!


What?!! 2 more episodes before the long break?...

Lost is the only tv series I watch... gonna have a huge withdrawal symptom... ahaha..

Yeah, blink and you missed that one-eyed guy in the promo... but i thought he was wearing an eye patch... hmmm...

Any idea what is it that will change the whole storyline as said in the promo?
sonicj
Can you say wayyyy too many flashbacks in one episode...geez. Last night was overkill.
fashioncrimewave
I think this show is close to jumping the shark.

After the events of 11/1's episode, it's now focused on four characters - Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Locke. Of these four the only one who is interesting at all is Locke.

Whatever happened to the backstories of Charlie, Claire, Hurley, Desmond, Sayid, etc?

In the first two seasons, the flashbacks kept slapping you upside the head by showing connections between the characters before they crashed on the island. For some reason this device has been totally dropped. I want to know more about the Eko-Claire connection and the Hurley-Libby-Desmond triangle, but apparently this isn't important anymore.
goblinish
fashioncrimewave wrote:
In the first two seasons, the flashbacks kept slapping you upside the head by showing connections between the characters before they crashed on the island. For some reason this device has been totally dropped. I want to know more about the Eko-Claire connection and the Hurley-Libby-Desmond triangle, but apparently this isn't important anymore.


Ah, well i havent got around to watching series 3 yet, tho ive got it sitting here waiting to watch but i was hoping to find out more about `flashback connections`.. so now im almost a little dissapointed before ive started watching.. Maybe they will get it going again later in the series?
Indyan
The flashback's are as good as before. They wont be leaving others high and dry. They need to really get this heated up before the winter break. So, they wont want to conc on char like Charley and Hurley. While they are fun to watch, they dont really play pivotal roles on the island.
Lets see who have been featured in the flashbacks : Jack,Jin&Sun,Locke,Sawyer,Eko. Kate is coming soon.


Anyway, this episode was great. Juliet kind of complicated everything. But, I didnt understand how Eko's tent caught fire.

End of episode trailer for next episode
US : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN6KN7kCbPI&eurl=
Canada : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJX7DBiB4n4&eurl=
kemosabi107
Screw Eko, I'm glad he's dead, he was a big dumb ox of a character, Filler. Sorry... maybe I'm still a little bit touchy ever since Lost took Shannon away from me. Not a big Locke fan either, that doesnt mean he's not interesting and adding to the story. Sayid's my personal fave. But I love the Jack, Kate, Sawyer triangle too. Jin has his moments too. Anyway, sucks we have this break coming up. It's good to find people to discuss Lost with though, so many people arent into the show simply cuz they would be coming in in the middle, and with Lost its kindof important to know the whole history.
Indyan
First Promo from abc.
kemosabi107
Indyan wrote:
First Promo from abc.


hmm, looks a little sappy... jack's gonna have to through the surgery, then that dumb blonde bitch should just ****** it up herself, dont put it all on jack
ardabarda
I think Jack won't kill Benjamin because he isn't killer and Juliett's behaviours are little suspicious? I started to think like, at the end of the story we will see Benjamin like a really good one of course if he still alive Smile
Indyan
Well, one of the theories floating around is that Juliet is just testing the waters. She wants to test if Jack can kill someone. If he says no, may be then they will let him do the surgery. But again they dont have much choice.

Second Promo released by ABC (note : this doesnt give away on the story, but can be spoilerish for the oversensetive types). I loved the look on Ben's face I think promo 2 happens before promo1.

In the first promo Jack seemed to be jealous Razz . Oh dear, these love triangles. They are done again and again and yet are fun to watch.
snowboardalliance
Wow, one more episode.

I hope Jack doesn't d othe surgery, but we really don't know who's telling the truth. I can't wait though for this episode.
mansonivan
Best series ever. I cant stop watching once I start. Smile
Indyan
Another promo video released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUv_0olwQcg&eurl=
pudovkin
I'm thinking about in some stuff in the last days.
How the heck they didn't saw the Others' island?! And I tought the Others had contact with the outside world; then, Juliett come with that "I killed a cow to make this hamburger" chat and there's no spine surgeon around here.

This looks likes script guys only throwing doubts to people. But not expecting to solve any. Razz
Indyan
Some Lost tidbits here

I am quoting some portions

** SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW **
Quote:
What you might also be feeling is that kind of sense that we're basically working on Episode 60, so that's a lot of hours to not know, "What's the nature of this island? Where is this island?" The overarching mysteries of Lost remain unanswered. But those questions have to remain unanswered until the show ends. That's something we don't know and we're not in control of when it is going to end. We will attempt to answer some of the transitory questions, but obviously, the big ones have to stay unanswered.

We believe audiences aren't really asking, “When are we going to get our answers?” They're asking, "Are we going to get our answers?" And that's a very savvy question for them to be asking, because of the nature of the television business, it's sort of like, "Are they just stringing us along?" And all Carlton and I can say is that we are absolutely committed to giving you those answers. We know what the answers are, and we're telling them in the most creatively satisfying way for us as storytellers.

Q :One other complaint I'm hearing this season is that new mysteries are being presented before old ones are solved. Can you say anything about that?
Carlton: We're always in this sort of balancing act. [We want] to keep the audience engaged by the underlying mysteries of the show, but we also want to try to answer questions and give people some satisfaction. And I think maybe the pendulum has swung a little too much into the “Well, we need more answers” category, and we try to be attentive to that. I think there are some upcoming episodes — after the break in the spring — that will answer a number of the open questions. We certainly plan to tell the audience this year how Locke got in the wheelchair. We'll be getting a lot more detailed about what happened to Locke, Eko and Desmond following the immediate aftermath of the hatch exploding, imploding or potentially doing something else. We're doing a flashback story where you'll find out how Jack got his tattoos.

Q :And what about the outside world?
Damon: Obviously, this is the big sort of dangler from Season 2. We broke perspective off the island for the first time — at least that's what we're leading everybody to believe — and, certainly, that ball is in motion and rolling down the hill at a very fast rate. That is pretty much what begins to dominate Season 3 once we come back from the break. It takes a couple of episodes to get up to speed, but the fact that the island may have been seen is pretty much the entire story arc of the second half of the year.

Q :You guys have been quoted as saying you're going to drop a "bomb" during the second half of the season.
Damon: There are two bombs being dropped, one of which is a character bomb, and that will happen within the first three episodes after the break. And the other is a more significant story bomb, a game-changer, as it were, and that will happen shortly after.


// ** SPOILER **
talonsmallville
Hi People,

This 3rd season must be huge.
Our brazilian guy Rodrigo Santoro is on the show and I can´t wait in saw it.

I just fell sorry about so many people died on show, I guess it is not necessary.
Blaster
Well this is the fall end. There will be no new episoids untill Febuary now and i'm down right pissed. I love this show and now i wont' get to see a new episiod for what will seem like a really really long time. Thats what I hate about this show. But the show on now looks really good. It pretty interesting.
Indyan
Great ending.
But what is kate gonna do? If Ben was telling the truth then there is no where to go.
snowboardalliance
Indyan wrote:
Some Lost tidbits here

I am quoting some portions

** SLIGHT SPOILER BELOW **
Quote:
What you might also be feeling is that kind of sense that we're basically working on Episode 60, so that's a lot of hours to not know, "What's the nature of this island? Where is this island?" The overarching mysteries of Lost remain unanswered. But those questions have to remain unanswered until the show ends. That's something we don't know and we're not in control of when it is going to end. We will attempt to answer some of the transitory questions, but obviously, the big ones have to stay unanswered.

We believe audiences aren't really asking, “When are we going to get our answers?” They're asking, "Are we going to get our answers?" And that's a very savvy question for them to be asking, because of the nature of the television business, it's sort of like, "Are they just stringing us along?" And all Carlton and I can say is that we are absolutely committed to giving you those answers. We know what the answers are, and we're telling them in the most creatively satisfying way for us as storytellers.

Q :One other complaint I'm hearing this season is that new mysteries are being presented before old ones are solved. Can you say anything about that?
Carlton: We're always in this sort of balancing act. [We want] to keep the audience engaged by the underlying mysteries of the show, but we also want to try to answer questions and give people some satisfaction. And I think maybe the pendulum has swung a little too much into the “Well, we need more answers” category, and we try to be attentive to that. I think there are some upcoming episodes — after the break in the spring — that will answer a number of the open questions. We certainly plan to tell the audience this year how Locke got in the wheelchair. We'll be getting a lot more detailed about what happened to Locke, Eko and Desmond following the immediate aftermath of the hatch exploding, imploding or potentially doing something else. We're doing a flashback story where you'll find out how Jack got his tattoos.

Q :And what about the outside world?
Damon: Obviously, this is the big sort of dangler from Season 2. We broke perspective off the island for the first time — at least that's what we're leading everybody to believe — and, certainly, that ball is in motion and rolling down the hill at a very fast rate. That is pretty much what begins to dominate Season 3 once we come back from the break. It takes a couple of episodes to get up to speed, but the fact that the island may have been seen is pretty much the entire story arc of the second half of the year.

Q :You guys have been quoted as saying you're going to drop a "bomb" during the second half of the season.
Damon: There are two bombs being dropped, one of which is a character bomb, and that will happen within the first three episodes after the break. And the other is a more significant story bomb, a game-changer, as it were, and that will happen shortly after.


// ** SPOILER **


Well thats exciting
I wanna know the two "bombs"!
Octaeder
Yeah, I like the fact that some of the more overarching mysteries are about to start being addressed.

With Lost I don't mind that there are times when they take a long time to make a reveal, after all its a character drama that happens to be set around interesting mythology, but they do need to do it every now and again to really up the tension.
bongoman
what is/was your opinion of Mr. Eco? For some reason I found him very intriguing, sucks though that they killed him off.
Jeff_vella_leone
im currently downloadig the second ad 3rd season and cant wait to watch them pls dont say much of the story else u rue it for me
lost is so much a cool story
never thought it was that cool when i first saw lost allthough i got intersted immegiently
fashioncrimewave wrote:
I think this show is close to jumping the shark.

After the events of 11/1's episode, it's now focused on four characters - Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Locke. Of these four the only one who is interesting at all is Locke.

Whatever happened to the backstories of Charlie, Claire, Hurley, Desmond, Sayid, etc?

In the first two seasons, the flashbacks kept slapping you upside the head by showing connections between the characters before they crashed on the island. For some reason this device has been totally dropped. I want to know more about the Eko-Claire connection and the Hurley-Libby-Desmond triangle, but apparently this isn't important anymore.
Related topics
OC Season 3
LOST | Season 2 Episode 2... Notes, thoughts and much more!!
The OC
LOST
StArGaTe SG1
lost - Season 1
Lost boring
The Simpsons ^^
lost is it going down hill
LOST TV Series
How Many TV Series Do You Follow?
Prison Break Season 3
For LOST Fans
League Of Legends Season 3
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Movies and Television

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.