FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Gamecube Is Broken

heady233
When I press the power button it just comes back up instead of staying down. This means that we need to have something heavier than the power button on the bower button to hold it down. This is getting very annoying which is why I came here for help. Here are some random details about the Gamecube:

1. It's platinum color
2. I recently removed my Pokemon XD Gale of darkness skin from it.
3. We have 2 wireless controlers and 1 wired controler.
SilverDogg
tried opening it and see what the problem with the button is?
TonkPilz
i don't have a GC but i have a friend that has one and from that little experience of the game cube and from working whit electronics not to different from that of a game cube id say a secure and release mechanism is broken or stuck for the button.

It has noting to do whit the electronics but i had a few mechanise in for service whit smiler problems its stupidly easy to fix but if you have any warranty left make sure u use that to get it fixed. If you try to do it your self your warranty will no longer be valid.

and also even if you don't have any warranty left for your gc leave it at a game store that do services if you cant find a store whit specific service for the gc try asking a game store that do mods and chipping for consoles for help!

even if the problem is easy to fix you can damage the electronics inside the case if not handled correctly. i don't know how the game cube looks like on the inside but if your unlucky the case is a dust prof shell to protect the inside to much dust and well its dead not sure about that

in short if your not sure on what your doing get a pro to fix it
heady233
TonkPilz wrote:
i don't have a GC but i have a friend that has one and from that little experience of the game cube and from working whit electronics not to different from that of a game cube id say a secure and release mechanism is broken or stuck for the button.

It has noting to do whit the electronics but i had a few mechanise in for service whit smiler problems its stupidly easy to fix but if you have any warranty left make sure u use that to get it fixed. If you try to do it your self your warranty will no longer be valid.

and also even if you don't have any warranty left for your gc leave it at a game store that do services if you cant find a store whit specific service for the gc try asking a game store that do mods and chipping for consoles for help!

even if the problem is easy to fix you can damage the electronics inside the case if not handled correctly. i don't know how the game cube looks like on the inside but if your unlucky the case is a dust prof shell to protect the inside to much dust and well its dead not sure about that

in short if your not sure on what your doing get a pro to fix it
Thanks, I'll be sure to try that. I'm still open to any other suggestions though. Razz
xorcist
Umm did you ever try to open the side mabye a spring is missing that's why it doenst stay down mabye.
GProject
Just to let you know, you'll probably need a GameBit screwdriver to take the outer plastic enclosure off the GameCube. Nintendo have been using this screw type for a while now as a deterent to people opening their hardware.

To be honest, if it still works and you have something heavy enough to keep the powerswitch down, then it might be easier to just leave it.
TonkPilz
GProject wrote:
To be honest, if it still works and you have something heavy enough to keep the powerswitch down, then it might be easier to just leave it.

thats probably the cheapest solution and sens it probably noting technical it wont effect the console it self
SilverDogg
actually, the screwdriver isnt that expensive. its really cheap actually ;P
and when you do get your hands on one (IF you do) its really easy to open it.

remove the screws, and just lift the top off. nothing is attached, nothing will fall off, and unless you touch everything with the screwdriver, nothing will be damaged. i have opened up my cube several times to check it out, and it still works perfectly fine, even after removing cords and what not ^^.