FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best gadget resource

pansophia
My employer is looking for a gadget. He needs to check his email on the road, and I think he might as well get a cellphone in the process. I'm not sure he would be able to cope with teeny tiny buttons. He bought a fairly small Mac laptop a couple of months ago, but it proved to be too much to carry around.

I've never owned so much as a cellphone, and my last PDA was a Palm III. I don't know anything about the latest in gadgets. Where's the best place to do research? Also, where's a good place to buy them?
eepman
Try www.engadget.com for the latest news about gadgets and things of that nature.

I try to buy my electronics from www.newegg.com but sometimes if you search other places may have deals.
pansophia
I probably will buy from NewEgg - though the discount isn't as obvious for the PDAs and other gadgets.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by Engadget. One of the things I want to find out is whether there's going to be a new Palm in the T series coming out soon. Also, how do other PDAs compare to Palm TX?

For those of you with smartphones (Treo, etc.) - do these allow for stylus writing on the screen. The thing I most need other than email/web wifi/evdo is convenient writing to and editing .doc files. I'm not even sure a PDA is the right tool. Maybe this is a candidate for one of those ultra-mobile computers.
surdy
Thanks for the links eepman
I too was looking for something similar ...this would be helpful
Laughing