FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Acer Notebook multimedia keys

Jurado
Hello,

I've bought an Acer Notebook.

I have a problem, on the left side their are some multimedia keys, if i press play it auto starts Media player, however i like to start Winamp, and i would also like to use the forward en rewind button with Winamp.

Anyone suggestions how i could fix it?

Grttz,
hrtorrent
Jurado wrote:
Hello,

I've bought an Acer Notebook.

I have a problem, on the left side their are some multimedia keys, if i press play it auto starts Media player, however i like to start Winamp, and i would also like to use the forward en rewind button with Winamp.

Anyone suggestions how i could fix it?

Grttz,

This buttons have primary function to play CD when your notebook is turned off. But you can try to find some Winamp plugin from http://www.winamp.com/plugins/.
Wink

I have older Acer notebook and I also want to use this keys in WinAMP, but never have success. Crying or Very sad
Animal
Jurado wrote:

I'm fairly sure that the media keys will control the computer's default media player. Just set Winamp as the default player.

If that doesn't work, check for settings for the media keys as part of the software - it may be included in the Control Panel under "Keyboard Settings"
Bones
As an afterthought, you might also want to check the manufacturer's website to see if there are updated keyboard drivers.

I once had a logitech multimedia keyboard that required a driver update to function with WinAmp
Jurado
I've contacted Acer with Email, Hope they can answer soon.