FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dell problem (not exploding battery)

pansophia
Does anyone have a Dell laptop with the MediaDirect button? Whenever I push this button, my computer blue screens. I don't want to try calling Dell about it yet because I think this counts as a "software problem", and Dell will try to charge me for it even though I didn't get the computer I ordered.

I'm not even sure what the MediaDirect button is - my guess is it has something to do with playing movies or watching IP TV on my laptop. It's very easy to hit this button instead of the power button, so several times my computer has bluescreened when I thought it was booting up. This freaks me out every time. Sad
fadirocks
umm did you check the site http://support.dell.com ?
you might find something that you're looking for like software for that button! or your solution might be as simple as uninstalling the software for mediasomething
izcool
I have the Dell Inspiron 6000 where if you press the Play/Pause button on the front, it turns on the laptop and shows a "DirectMedia" image on the screen and starts the OS, but it does not start any program once the computer is on.

Honestly, I don't know what that even does and how it can really benefit me. :S

I guess I'm facing the same problem as you, but I get no BSoD on my laptop, since the DirectMedia function is useless for the both of us.

- Mike.
Jaan
I have a little house button beside the power on my dell, though no direct media. soz man. only advice - get a usb keyboard?
pansophia
I have a laptop, so I don't want to get a separate keyboard to carry around. I guess I have to bite the bullet and talk to Dell Hell...