FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Those brain eating girls from the other side of the sun

johnsabotta
Of course, I'm talking about Flobella and Barbella, the adorable menaces of ATTACK OF THE MONSTERS, the best of all possible Gamera films.

This film has many pleasures, from the surreal world of the planet on the other side of the sun, to good old knife-headed, shuriken-throwing Guiron himself! Gamera is the friend of little children, and after a few setbacks, he comes through at the end in spectacular fashion, making the universe a safer place!

Of course, the main attraction is those ruthless, yet adorable space girls, Flobella and Barbella. It's true they have designs on the kid's brains, but they are still a fascinating pair, with their arch looks, their exasperated "what now?" attitude at every setback, and their singlemindedness of purpose. Anyone who's seen ZARDOZ must wonder how those futuristic immortal hippies in that film have escaped the brain-munching attentions of F and B - that floating head is no match for Guiron!

http://www.metamovie.de/film/gamera5.html#