FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

"Shoot me first" Amazing Courage

S3nd K3ys
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=2531138&page=1

abcnews.com wrote:
Friend of the Victims' Families Says Girl Tried to Divert Killer From Classmates; Killer Said to Ask, 'Pray for Me'

Oct. 5, 2006 The oldest of the five Amish girls shot dead in a Pennsylvania schoolhouse is said to have stepped forward and asked her killer to "Shoot me first," in an apparent effort to buy time for her schoolmates.

Rita Rhoads, a midwife who delivered two of the victims, told ABC News' Law and Justice Unit that she learned of 13-year-old Marian Fisher's plea from Fisher's family.

Wholly ****!
ocalhoun
Nice idea, but she could buy more time by attacking the gunman... Sure he'd overpower her quickly, but it would take longer than "Oh, you want to go first? Seems OK to me. *bang*"
Jinx
Quote:
Nice idea, but she could buy more time by attacking the gunman... Sure he'd overpower her quickly, but it would take longer than "Oh, you want to go first? Seems OK to me. *bang*"

She was Amish. The Amish are non-violent. It probably never crossed her mind to attack the man. I think what she did was very brave, if foolish under the curcumstances.

Personally, I would have fought back, but one of the things I admire about the Amish is the way they stick to their convictions. They don't just talk about what they believe is right, they live it fully.

What this man did is sickening, and if there is a Hell, I hope he ends up in its most uncomfortable corner.