FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NFL Head Coach

Phil
Anyone here played ESPN's NFL Head Coach? I haven't heard much about it.
It seems every year I lose a little more interest in Madden. The last one I bought was Madden 2005, and I really had mixed feelings about it.
I didn't care for the fact that you could do very little to customize teams and players. I really go for historical teams, and it seems the creation of them in Madden 2005 was almost impossible. Making custom teams was a pain to. I also heard Madden 2006 was a bit dissappointing, so I never bothered to get it.
You see, I really go for "Coach Mode". I'm not a "Button Banger", so from what I've read about Head Coach, really sounds interesting. At least to me. I really like to wheeling and dealing aspects of the game. When it comes to gameplay, I just want that 1st round pick I got to justify all the trouble I went through to get him. I can't stand having to hit the right sequence of buttons to stiff-arm and leap at the right time to get a big play. Just ain't me.
Anyway, any input to Head Coach?
rip8fan1
I just bought this game for the PC (It was on sale for $10). You do not do button mashing!! YOU are in control of your entire team, from hiring/firing the coaches to trading/drafting players and designing plays (if you want), and putting plays in for the defense/offense, and running these plays during practice, and then during the game (though you do not control any of the players). Your owner gives you goals to meet, and then you should try to meet them!

I think it is a pretty cool game, and it is WAY different then button mashing!!!!
HoboBarticus
Its in depth, its long, its tedious, its repetitive, its everything you want in a strategy sports sim.

and yea, that guy is right^