FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is it called?

Em_de_Tech
Hey, i need to know the name and artist of a song. It's kind of Technoish and it has like monks singing (chanting). I really need to know what this song is called. I heard it twice on the radio in Europe and i heard it once at a friends house here, but he says he didn't know the name of it. SO please just suggest songs that fit the general description above and i will tell you if its the right one.
DopeyCriz
Monky Wonky (Techno Remix) ? XD

Kidding, this one?

Faithless - God is a DJ ?

Too many Techno these days.
HoboPelican
Hey, try this site. You tap out the song on the space bar and it lists a number of songs that match the pattern. Honest to god, it works most of the time

Song tapper

Give it try and let meknow how it worked for you. Usually there are 4-8 songs returned, but it is fairly easy to narrow it down.
deStructuralized
that sounds like a really cool concept...i'll have to try that site out sometime
Em_de_Tech
HoboPelican wrote:
Hey, try this site. You tap out the song on the space bar and it lists a number of songs that match the pattern. Honest to god, it works most of the time

Song tapper

Give it try and let meknow how it worked for you. Usually there are 4-8 songs returned, but it is fairly easy to narrow it down.

That's pretty tight but the song i'm looking for has a very slow beat. I'm sorry i cant describe the song more, its just that that song puts me into like a trance. I mean im sleeping in the car, and that song comes on and i wake up just to listen to it. (No one woke me) and i cant understand anything. (trance) and then when its over, i go back to sleep. So i really wanna know the name of the song so that i could listen to it when i am fully awake. (hehe)
HoboPelican
Em_de_Tech wrote:

That's pretty tight but the song i'm looking for has a very slow beat. I'm sorry i cant describe the song more, its just that that song puts me into like a trance. I mean im sleeping in the car, and that song comes on and i wake up just to listen to it. (No one woke me) and i cant understand anything. (trance) and then when its over, i go back to sleep. So i really wanna know the name of the song so that i could listen to it when i am fully awake. (hehe)

Oh well, I thought it might help. Anyway, I really would appreciate it if you would pm me the name if you ever find out. You've got me very curious.
Kaneda
Most famous thing I remember that fits the description is from 1990. Doubt that's the one if you heard on the radio recently, although it's possible since it was quite a hit when it came out. It pretty much started the monks' choir craze of the 90s. (and since it was a craze, there's plenty of dance/techno stuff with such vocals).

Sadeness by Enigma (yes, not "Sadness", although it was labelled that way in some countries - it's a reference to the Marquis de Sade).

Gregorian choir mixed with early 90's dance beats, female voice and shakuhachi flutes. There's plenty of remixes of it. The album the original is on is called MCMXC a.D. (hence why I remember the year it was released Wink)

Could also be another part of the album - there's other tracks using gregorian chanting. Sadeness is just the hit bit of it.
Em_de_Tech
Ok maybe i'm a little wrong, the song isn't really techno. It's just chanting and its really weird sorry for not telling this to you guys (And making you search for the wrong thing) I don't know what made me think that it was techno, maybe because it was played on Techno stations. Once again, sorry.
tkGER
There's a version of "Knocking on Heaven's Doors" by Pink Floyd that has some monkeys howling in the back, perhaps, that's the one you're looking for Anxious . I heard it only once on the radio and couldn't find it anywhere in the net Crying or Very sad
tempskawt
Kaneda wrote:
Sadeness by Enigma (yes, not "Sadness", although it was labelled that way in some countries - it's a reference to the Marquis de Sade).

Have to necro the thread because after an hour of Googling, you clutched it with Enigma - Sadeness.
zohaa
Do you remember them? Do you love their music? What about the young people?