FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[OFFICIAL] Server 2 downtime

aneotoena
Is just me or server 2 just went down???

Animal wrote:
Update by Animal: Topic stickied - this is the official thread for the current downtime. Please don't make any more topics. Check back here for updates etc, but we'll make an announcement when we're back online.
ChrisCh
I can't connect to the server either... Bondings has really got to fix this - its been down so much lately (both Apache and the whole server) Sad

It's the whole server that's down at the moment - i can't connect via HTTP, DirectAdmin, or FTP ...
Animal
It appears that the server is having problems at the moment. As far as I'm aware, POP, SMTP, FTP are all down, as is site access. We are aware of the problem and will try to get things up and running as soon as possible - we will let you know as soon as we have any more news on the downtime.

In the meantime, please don't post a load of new topics saying "help, my site isn't working"
jayandsilo
yeah everything is down and has been for about an hour
aneotoena
It time outs sometimes, maybe somebody is flooding it with requests again and making it unreachable.
briancoit
hmmm

bad timing, I was half way through a pretty major site update Sad I just hope its back up soon
rebeltrooper
2 hours down, for me, i hope very soon the server going up!
Alie
Laughing Some sort of mistycs: Yesterday I've wanted to optimise my web portal. After all back-ups were created, files modified I started to optimise theme in photoshop. When everything was ready I've started to upload changes and....
My provider suddenly falls - I've been disconnected untill the server falls Laughing
Bondings
The server is indeed completely down, most likely it crashed. My apologies for this.

I just requested a restart, which should happen pretty soon. The server is supposed to be monitored for exactly these kind of things and I have no idea why no action was taken by now.

I'll update you when I get more information about this issue.
rebeltrooper
thanks bondings!! Very Happy
wietn
Gogogo Bondings! Laughing
Fire Boar
Umm... how soon is "soon"? The frihost server I understand is pretty big, but surely it doesn't take over 3/4 of an hour to get up. Is there a problem?
Bondings
I have some bad news. Sad

The server was apparantly involved in an abuse issue and was shut down or at least the ips were blocked. The problem is that the abuse department isn't working at the moment (not 24/24) so it will take at least a few hours to resolve this.

I don't know what the exact reason is as of yet. Most likely it's a spamming/phishing issue or someone (competitor/banned member) trying to purposely hurt Frihost by harming the servers.
rebeltrooper
holy crap!!! so 3 or four hours???
prototype_angel
hmmm.... are the forums hosted on some other server?

anyways, any progress on the servers?
Fire Boar
Aww no, how could they? Evil or Very Mad

Someone is being a big meanie...

Well thanks anyway, Bondings, for the update.

Edit: Yes, the forums I believe are hosted on server 1.
bulek
That ARE bad news. Sad
prototype_angel
dang. who'd want to do such a thing. frihost is so nice and never harmed anyone.
aneotoena
I'm definitely gonna kill somebody! well it's pretty difficult too figure out who did it, let's just wait, and pray.
Thnx 4 the update bondings.
Kurosaki-Ichigo
Been waiting for it for a few hours now.

There are stupid people around that just think about theirselves.
rebeltrooper
thanks both of you, bondings and Animal.

now ill kill the [Mod Edit] "Nasty Piece of Work" [/Mod Edit] Very Happy

Animal wrote:
I know it's annoying, but please refrain from swearing. It brings you down to their level.
hsadmin
^^ HAHA ^^

This sucks.. I went to go edit my site and couldn't
tomahawk19
Bondings,

Out of curiosity...have you found out any more info on the server? Any estimates? Problems we may be looking forward to having to fix with our sites? etc.?
rebeltrooper
no problem, il take care of this insignificant person. Very Happy hehe!
oskuro
well, we can wait, no problem bondings, thx for info
Bondings
tomahawk19 wrote:
Out of curiosity...have you found out any more info on the server? Any estimates? Problems we may be looking forward to having to fix with our sites? etc.?

The only thing I currently know is that the server was blocked due to an abuse issue. The abuse department normally opens in 4 hours so there isn't much chance it is fixed before then.
Ducksteina
That's no problem. FriHost ist free and offers more than many pay-hosters. I think we're getting so much for free that you should have some patience. Smile
Duncan Idaho
Bondings wrote:
I have some bad news. Sad

The server was apparantly involved in an abuse issue and was shut down or at least the ips were blocked. The problem is that the abuse department isn't working at the moment (not 24/24) so it will take at least a few hours to resolve this.

I don't know what the exact reason is as of yet. Most likely it's a spamming/phishing issue or someone (competitor/banned member) trying to purposely hurt Frihost by harming the servers.

What kind of a sick twisted [Mod Edit] "person" [/Mod Edit] would fo such a thing?!!! I cannot grasp the idea of wanting to screw around with the Frihost server!

Animal wrote:
Ok... ok... I know it's frustrating, but can we all please refrain from using bad language???

My apologies.
Utopia GFR
Ducksteina is right.

I agree we have a great service for *** free ***

I worked in the web hosting world for quite some time, hope the techs won't have too much trouble in fixing this Smile

Be patient Very Happy
Ray.
datter
I wonder if this downtime is at all related to the constant outages the server has? I get 'connection reset' message regularly. Oh well, regardless I hope it's all is sorted out soon.

datter
surdy
it looks like there has been an ttack ..i'm getting crap comments posting notifications from my blog hosted on frih.net

hope the problem is resolved soon
Bondings
datter wrote:
I wonder if this downtime is at all related to the constant outages the server has? I get 'connection reset' message regularly. Oh well, regardless I hope it's all is sorted out soon.

datter

Not at all, they blocked all access to the server on the network (or something similar). The short outages were server-related.
tomahawk19
I was being patient, and still am, i just wasn't sure if he had any updates, this service is amazing, and I appreciate all the hard work and dedication that goes to keeping it running.
tom69
This is indeed a disturbing universe... my would a humanic creature do shuch a thing? don't they have some kind of name for those people...?

[Mod Edit]Nasty?[/Mod Edit]

Sorry, but this realy [Mod Edit]irritates me[/Mod Edit]. I can live with things like this. I dun have to pay so... I'm happy but the fact that it is actualy a SOMEONE who is doing this to [Mod Edit]annoy[/Mod Edit] people like us... Evil or Very Mad

- WOuld it be hard to catch the guys err.. I mean things that are doing this? Just wondering.

Animal wrote:
I've already said this to other users. Yes, it's annoying but please stop using bad language and cursing on the forums... the nerds that did this aren't worth the effort!
horseatingweeds
So who administrates server 2, a highly trained group of baboons or an averagely trained chimp?

Any way, donít be so hard on whoever hacked the server. I imagine you need to find some way of feeling accomplished living in your auntís basement, eating moose tracks out of the carton, buying memorabilia off of eBay with your hard earned grocery bagging money, and fantasizing about one of those Star Trek spin offs. Itís hard being o looser!
cr3ativ3
Yes I have been experiencing this problem also which is a real pain in the.. well you know I have been working on my classes website I was going to have it done tomrow and with this... you know person this might not happen err and I was getting to the break through of my programming barrier right when this... you know person had to be so.. you know.

So thanks bondings and animal I hope they get the thing back up realy soon.. so I can finish this.
Rad Ultima 2
tom69, you may want to watch what you say on here. Animal has already warned some people here about their language.

As some others said, I am still very satisfied with the service of FriHost. They have been hosting my site (for free) and this is one of the 'few' problems I've ever had.
Fire Boar
Rad Ultima 2 wrote:
tom69, you may want to watch what you say on here. Animal has already warned some people here about their language.

As some others said, I am still very satisfied with the service of FriHost. They have been hosting my site (for free) and this is one of the 'few' problems I've ever had.

And animal got in there just before you Wink

Stupid people with malicious intent. *waits for the inevitable [Mod Edit]*
Animal
Fire Boar wrote:
Stupid people with malicious intent. *waits for the inevitable [Mod Edit]*

Hehehe... but for the record - I didn't edit that one! Wink
Cal_123
Lol. Competitors did this? Nabs. Free Hosting > Them obviously.

"OMG THEY OFFER BETTER STUFF FOR $0 AND WE HAVE CRAP FOR $5! PAWN THEM FAST!"

bulek
Are there any news about server 2? I hope you will fix that problem soon.

btw. why does server 1 almost never has any problems but server 2 does?
Bondings
I finally have some good news, although I first want to see it before being happy. Wink

They are reconnecting the server. It was apparantly about one website which I have to remove.

Why - I have no idea yet.
Cal_123
Please tell us which site it is..It could be mine. Dunno why, but it might be Very Happy
Ratman2050
Wow lol, at the need of time in which I need my site, its gone lol.

I bought some paid posting from this guy and he can't post lol.
PristonMaster
for about how much time the server is down?

it is taking a long time for this problem Shocked i think it is more serious then a server use abuse
brevity
Issues like this aren't half as annoying as the intermittent server outtage. Those are the worst cause you can be in the middle of an update and when you click "submit" (using a CMS, where it's all server-side) and the server is out... You lose what you just wrote.

I've got an article in que that's 1/4 of the way finished. I've been too scared to start again because I lost a lot of work last time.
rebeltrooper
its alive!!!!! IhateDesing

Thanks all of you!!!!! masters!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
garionw
Im back on!

lucky for me it went down when everyone here was sleeping, so I was even lucklier!!!

But what do you mean it was shut down? was it the government or something that made you shut the server down?
Bondings
It was the datacenter shutting it down. The problem was a phishing website trying to get the passwords of an UK banking website.
garionw
Bondings wrote:
It was the datacenter shutting it down. The problem was a phishing website trying to get the passwords of an UK banking website.

Shocked oh, not good
cr3ativ3
Oh thats realy bad that could have cause legal trouble good thing it was shut down so fast now I welcome that server outage well its working fine now and I am happy should be able to get that site done tonight thanks everyone. Escpecialy bondings for working that out.
SpellcasterDX
datter wrote:

datter

No, this server crash is because someone is trying to purposely hurt Frihost. The server got shut down due to abuse.
It appears to be back online right now though. Smile
yy1124
Server is up again~

Thanks Animal and Bonding for the efforts
jurisconsultando
Hi, I am new here and I am waiting my request, but I have one question: How often problems like this happen in frihost servers?

I belive in our community!
Rad Ultima 2
jurisconsultando wrote:
Hi, I am new here and I am waiting my request, but I have one question: How often problems like this happen in frihost servers?

I belive in our community!

I've been around since about July 1, 2006 and have hardly had any problems like this. This is one of the very few times that they have had (noticable) problems with the server. In my opinion, the service is great.
datter
horseatingweeds wrote:
Any way, donít be so hard on whoever hacked the server. I imagine you need to find some way of feeling accomplished living in your auntís basement, eating moose tracks out of the carton, buying memorabilia off of eBay with your hard earned grocery bagging money, and fantasizing about one of those Star Trek spin offs. Itís hard being o looser!

Best. post. Ever. Smile
Bondings
The server is working again now, so I'll -close- this topic. Very Happy