FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Domains





twinknation
Quote:
Q: May I apply for hosting with a domain?
Yes, you may. However, applying for hosting with our subdomain is advised as you may host as many addon domains as you wish.


Addon domains... what are they? Can I get multiple sub domains? How would I do this if I can? I would like to host multiple sites under one account, is this possible?
niranvv
You can host multiple domains under a single account itself!
You can share this 250 MB free space for all your domans hosted here! Laughing
twinknation
So I can have twinksite.frih.net and twinkothersite.frih.net?
How would I do that?
Animal
twinknation wrote:
So I can have twinksite.frih.net and twinkothersite.frih.net?
How would I do that?


No. You're only allowed one *.frih.net domain. You can add as many subdomains as you like (within reason) like subdomain.twinksite.frih.net or you can buy a domain name like twinksite.com and use that alongside your frih.net domain.

Does this answer your question?
twinknation
Ok, one more question Smile

Does frihost sell domain names, or do I have to get that somewhere else?

And I lied, there's actually one more question:

If I have to get it somewhere else, do I get free hosting through frihost?

Thanks again. You people are great.

=============================EDIT=====================

Just found the answers, thanks Smile
niranvv
twinknation wrote:
Ok, one more question Smile

Does frihost sell domain names, or do I have to get that somewhere else?

And I lied, there's actually one more question:

If I have to get it somewhere else, do I get free hosting through frihost?

Thanks again. You people are great.


Frihost does not provide any domain names!
It provides only one subdomain like UrName.frih.net
You can host your personal domains also here!
All you need to do is, go to some doman registar site,
purchase one domain name from there!
there, search for a page where you can enter nameservers for your new domain.
Most of the time it is called "Nameserver setup", "DNS management" or "DNS registration".
There you will have to fill in ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net
Like that you can host your own domain name here at frihost for FREE!

Laughing
tom69
www.co.nr they give free domains and then it would be twink.co.nr a little bi tlike co.uk nothing disturbing if you want .be .nl .co.uk .org etc... you'll have to google a bit. you'll pay around 5 dollar for .nl and .be and .net but around 10 for the others. don't ask me why.
Daniel15
Quote:
Does frihost sell domain names, or do I have to get that somewhere else?

No, we currently don't sell anything, so you'll need to get one elsewhere. I personally recommend http://www.DomainSite.com/ Smile

Quote:
If I have to get it somewhere else, do I get free hosting through frihost?

Yes, if you get a domain elsewhere (which you'll need to), you can use it with your hosting here. As an example, I have http://www.daniel15.com/ hosted here Smile
zelonght
thanks a lot, this topic answered my question: may I use my own domain ? the answer is yes, that's great . but if I am wrong, tell me, if not just ignore. That's more efficient Wink
neji
About the .be domains...

Almost a year (or 2?) ago, they gave free .be domains away (for one year). So i guess they will do it again...

So i would say, check it on google from time to time! Smile
Daniel15
Quote:
thanks a lot, this topic answered my question: may I use my own domain ? the answer is yes, that's great

Yep, you sure can Smile

neji wrote:
About the .be domains...

Almost a year (or 2?) ago, they gave free .be domains away (for one year). So i guess they will do it again...

So i would say, check it on google from time to time! Smile


Yeah, it was about a year ago. There was a similar offer for .info domains back in 2004...
gnllr
My account is currently being processed. I want to know if I can change my subdomain? For example:

old one: oldone.fihost.net
new one: newone.frihost.net

If so, how do I do this?

Thanks
Animal
gnllr wrote:
My account is currently being processed. I want to know if I can change my subdomain? For example:

old one: oldone.fihost.net
new one: newone.frihost.net

If so, how do I do this?


We can do this one of two ways:

1 - You wait until you get your account and we'll change the domain name for you (may take a day or two to change, but this does not guarantee that you will get an account - if your posts are not of an acceptable standard, your request will be rejected); or
2 - We reject your hosting request if you ask us to, then you re-request your account and are put to the bottom of the queue for hosting accounts

Please inform us what you would prefer to do.
gnllr
Thank you for your reply! Sorry for not responding sooner! I'll just keep the domain the same for now to get everything up and running!

It's good to know that I can change it later if necessary.

Thanks again!
Related topics
EU domains ready to register in 2006
addon domains / rndc: connect failed
domains
Domains...???
Domains
Domains and default email
Free domains and IRC servers
Domains That Can Be Parked?
parked domains
Can't access .TK domains
Sub domains and add-on domains
A Question About .tk domains
Buy Domains
domains
about servers and domains
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.