FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Legal download site with pay-by-sms option.

James007
Hi,

A few days ago, I was visiting my favourite legal download site, called www.allofmp3.com and I suddenly noticed my so oftenly used pay-by-sms option had been removed!

The only thing you are able to do is pay by Visa or some other unknown card, but credit card isn't an option for me.

Does anyone know a pay-by-sms download site which supports Belgian users? I only found one pay-by-sms site but that was only for UK inhabitants.

I'm quite upset because of this because www.allofmp3.com offers mp3s at a really nice price, and now I can't access them anymore.

Maybe you know an alternative to pay-by-sms?

James Sad
Darkfall
ooft, thats sad to hear.

Well, dunno how your banks over there work but over here in the UK if you're over the age of 16 some banks allow a 'Visa Electron' sort of card which is just a normal bank card with online + shop visa capabilities.

Why not try and get one of those?
ncwdavid
why not just get limewire or something similar and get the music for free? I looked at that site and the prices are really great.
Darkfall
ncwdavid wrote:
why not just get limewire or something similar and get the music for free? I looked at that site and the prices are really great.

I don't think you can discuss that here, and it's blatantly obvious James007 is a nice guy and wouldn't cheat the RIAA out of there *cough* hard earned money.

Yes that was sarcastic, but I do mean it. Some people won't support piracy and power to them... I'll just keep on doing it until they get me in trouble. My ISP has no problem with it.
James007
You can't find everything with a P2P-program, so this ISN'T a solution.

@Darkfall: I do use Bearshare, but sometimes things cannot be found, or won't download... and then I get annoyed and I search for a legal alternative. Very Happy

A very cheap legal alternative, and allofmp3 was such a site... I'm sad.
Darkfall
James007 wrote:

What about the solution I suggested?

Belgian banks should still support those sort of cards.
James007
Darkfall wrote:
James007 wrote:

I will be sending an e-mail to my bank office with the question whether they support such a thing. Thank you!
Darkfall
James007 wrote:
Darkfall wrote:
James007 wrote:

I will be sending an e-mail to my bank office with the question whether they support such a thing. Thank you!

Not a problem, I'm sure as long as your over 16 they should be okay with it.

Just ask for a card which works in shops (we call it a debit card, it works in the machines they slide credit cards through, and you enter your PIN and it subtracts money from your account)

Good luck Smile
James007
I've asked allofmp3 to reintegrate the pay-by-sms option... I told them it would make them unique, so they might consider it... wouldn't they?

I also mailed my bank office, asking them whether such a card exists in Belgium.

Thank you Smile

James Smile