FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


I don't know english :(





JayBee
Hello,
I have a little problem so here is it:
Arrow I have a freind Lara for a long time but I didn't see here for about 2 years
Arrow I want to invite her to go with me to teehouse because i know She is now in the same town as me
Arrow I want to say it in english, but I don't know english well and I make lot of mistakes
Arrow I want it to write it as a message because there is no other way to say it

I want to say something like:
Quote:
Hallo Lara, I didn't see you for a long time.
I want to invite You to teehouse next week thuesday
because I want to know how are you. John


Please could you correct and improve my message (it could be non-literary).
I don't want to be like an idiot in here eyes. But in Your eyes, I could be Very Happy

Thaks
rafifaisal
Oh man,
Don't be so nerveous.
Say it in your own natural way and I am sure the message will be understood better than saying it in the words of some other Frihoster here Laughing
Believe me... in a relationship you have to be naturally.
What if you invite her in perfect, gramatically correct English BUT when you sit whith here in the Teahouse you can't say a word correct Embarassed
Now THAT would be making a fool of yourself.

So my advise... Say it in your own style and words
Tell us how it went Smile
JayBee
But she is english teacher Embarassed
JayBee
rafifaisal wrote:
Say it in your own natural way and I am sure the message will be understood better than saying it in the words of some other Frihoster here Laughing

I know that you are right Sad but I want only inspiration with some words and word order. I will not use the exact sentences.


rafifaisal wrote:
... when you sit whith here in the Teahouse you can't say a word correct Embarassed

It don't mind. When I sit with here in the taehouse means that She understand my message and its whats going on Wink
greenwoodmonkey
rafifaisal wrote:
Oh man,
Don't be so nerveous.
Say it in your own natural way and I am sure the message will be understood better than saying it in the words of some other Frihoster here Laughing
Believe me... in a relationship you have to be naturally.
What if you invite her in perfect, gramatically correct English BUT when you sit whith here in the Teahouse you can't say a word correct Embarassed
Now THAT would be making a fool of yourself.

So my advise... Say it in your own style and words
Tell us how it went Smile


I fully agree..... think about Cyrano De Bergerak (maybe I spell this wrong, but if you do a google search you should be able to work out what I am talking about....

I would just send her a message saying what you want to say in your own English-sytle.. she will appreciate it alot more than some well prepared gramatically correct words you have cut and paste from on here...

You can even make a joke about it later saying you were thinking about doing it this way to impress her, but you wanted to be natuaral. If, like you say, she is a Teacher she will understand and be impressed that you have tried by yourself.
newlife~
JayBee wrote:
Hello,
I have a little problem so here is it:
:arrow: I have a freind Lara for a long time but I didn't see here for about 2 years
:arrow: I want to invite her to go with me to teehouse because i know She is now in the same town as me
:arrow: I want to say it in english, but I don't know english well and I make lot of mistakes
:arrow: I want it to write it as a message because there is no other way to say it

I want to say something like:
Quote:
Hallo Lara, I didn't see you for a long time.
I want to invite You to teehouse next week thuesday
because I want to know how are you. John


Please could you correct and improve my message (it could be non-literary).
I don't want to be like an idiot in here eyes. But in Your eyes, I could be :-D

Thaks


<newlife~t>I agree with the others about being yourself. You have been friends for a long time, so she should understand. You have a history together and that is nice. Already you have something to talk about ... catching up on what has been happening in each of your lives.

Are you looking to just reconnect a friendship or are you wanting to be more than friends?

Good Luck!
JayBee
You are right
I have next plan how to write it.
My problem is that I want to say convential things in nonconvential way. I don't want to say all the time the same words.
I'll speek with here in other language, that I and She knows better then english.

newlife~ wrote:
Are you looking to just reconnect a friendship or are you wanting to be more than friends?

Just reconnect an old friendship.

Thank you all for you words. Of course it helps me.
Pikokola
Hallo Lara, I didn't see you for a long time.
I want to invite You to teehouse next week thuesday
because I want to know how are you. John

if it's me I'll write:

Hi Lara, Long time no see
How about join me in the teehouse next thuesday?
I want to talk with you, jhon

One bad news for you is...
I'm the crapiest students in the high school if it's about sentences Razz
benjmd
DUDE.... NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

OH MAN, don't change it one bit!!

Don't you see your golden opportunity???? You are interested in this girl and want her to be interested in you and you have the perfect "in"

Say it as best as you can in what English you know, then ask her to help you with English! Everyone likes to feel needed. Invite her to the teahouse, but then invite her to a picnic or something where she can teach you how to improve your English.
windrei
maybe just draw a series of pictures like comic. Fold it into card shape and give her.

hey guy. It doesn't matter whether your english is good or not if you really love her ( and if she loves you too ). i always think if a guy cannot communicate well with his girlfriend due to langauge difference, it's quite romantic. It's quite cute.

there are lots of methods to communicate, make it a chance and let her be happy~~
frozenhead
Haha! Well, I do feel you really want to impress Ms. Lara ei?

It doesn't matter if she's an english teacher, your english is awkward or any other things...

What's most important is just be yourself and express your intentions freely.


By the way, the quoted message up there is not bad at all. Wink
JayBee
frozenhead wrote:
By the way, the quoted message up there is not bad at all. Wink


hey man, don't kidding me Very Happy
blue77
Hi, JayBee and all forumers

I'm from Bulgaria and I also have simular problems in the past. You don't have to worry so much about the way you wrote. She will understand and on the outher hand this could be funny.

I think that this

Quote:
Hallo Lara, I didn't see you for a long time.
I want to invite You to teehouse next week thuesday
because I want to know how are you. John


maybe can be changed like this:

Hello, Lara. We didn't met for a long time
I want to invite you in the teenhouse this Thusday.
I will be happy to see you.
Best regards. John
johanfh
Uh, make it 'teahouse' instead of 'teenhouse' Very Happy I googled at both words and the second one brought me a lot of awfull links about houses full with teenagers Embarassed

But after all: your message really wasn't that bad at all. People like it if you try to speak their language. If you don't write the queens English that doesn't matter. She can't probably write YOUR language without errors.

And besides: Benjmd with his 'golden opportunity' has a point! You need her. You have to ask her for help. That's just nice! It gives you a topic for conversation, it gives you a reason for a second date, it gives her a reason to say 'yes' to a second appointment.

Good luck!
JohanFH
Subsonic Sound
I like the way all the corrected, good-english versions kept 'Thuesday'.

Threadstarter - is that meant to be Thursday or Tuesday?
JayBee
Exact day don't mind - I have dictionary to write exact day I want Smile

Also I must say DONT WRITE ANY OTHER SUGESTIONS
because thay will not be able to change message that was already send.

Thank You for your advice!!!
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Relationships

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.