FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Computer Programming Help Books

friendsforall
I have followed Evangalus books on VB 6.0 The name of the books is Mastering in Visual Basic 6.0. The book is very good, I think so.
friendsforall
PHP 5 and MySQL Bible is very good for any PHP MySQL Programmer.
The book is published by Willey Inc.

Author- Tim Converse, Joyce Park and Clark Morgan
HoboBarticus
Well for C++ guys, I'd recommend "Ultimate Game Programming with DirectX" and any of the teen books for beginners. Thats a more focused approach to gaming(my desired area) but it also covers quite a bit of the language.
monzoncf
Yah! Mastering in Visual Basic 6.0 is more helpful because it contains a lot of things ang source code. I remember that when I'm in my first year college i try to read this book to enrich my knowlege in Visual Basic. Now I'm in 3rd Year Collge and I will say that I'm good in VB. I recommend also to study and read more, more books about programming language 'coz may be you will find the answer to your questions that the other books doesn't covered it up. Happy Programming!
osbits
If you really want to learn how to programming I recommend The Art of Computer Programming by Donald E. Knuth. It will tell you what computer programming really means.
jwellsy
I picked up a brand new set of MS VB step by step books that came with lots of code on CD's from ebay. I think I paid like $10 for it. Ever since then I get all my computer books from ebay. I hate paying $50 for a book.
kiranaghor
Head First Series ROCKS!
I learnt Java from Head First Java. A really brain friendly book from Oreilly Publications. Next week I will be reading 'Head first AJAX' and I have already finished 'Head First HTML with CSS'.
www.headfirstlabs.com