FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Converting DVD to CD (NOT VCD)

Tokci
Actually I've a data DVD which I want to convert to CDs...is there ne software for that.

I mean there are some files which are larger than 700 mb...do I've to split the using some splitter or is there ne software which does the job automatically for the whole DVD.

TIA.
Xcelerate
I have Nero, and I've found that it can usually handle things like that. What I would do is insert the DVD, insert a CD into another drive and make a "backup" of the DVD. From there, Nero will split the files automatically for the number of necessary CDs. Of course, I'm not sure if you have Nero, but I think quite a few similar programs (Roxio) can do the same thing.
Tokci
Yes I do have nero...will try it today.
Thnx for the propmt reply.
johnsabotta
VLC, I believe, will do conversions once you've got the data on to your HD. Also look at CINEMATIZE for the Mac
Animal
johnsabotta wrote:
VLC, I believe, will do conversions once you've got the data on to your HD. Also look at CINEMATIZE for the Mac

*sigh* Rolling Eyes

Try reading the question before you post...

Tocki wrote:
I've a data DVD which I want to convert to CDs...

This has nothing to do with VLC - it's a media player.
Tokci
nope nero didn't help. I have only cd drive (cd writer), so I made an image of the DVD then loaded that on daemon tools and tried to make a copy but the destination drive option just wont get enabled...will have to search for some other option I guess.