FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anime Quotes, and Meanings

jharsika
OK ok ok . My first order of business is to find out what "Arukkoto Naikoto" means from Melody of Oblivion, it's directly translated as something, nothing. I remember finding somewhere the actual meaning, can anyone help? While you are at it, slap down your favorite quotes if you like, and their meanings if you know them. If you don't know, maybe you'll find out. Sorry if a thread like this was already made....just delete this if it was.

Thanks!
Some of my favorites:
"Echo my Meros!" - Bocca, Melody of Oblivion

"Nothing could ever beat my beemo baby" - Golden Boy
Pikokola
Whose fault if our dream is lost?
One Piece - Legend of 7 Stars Sword Ending Razz
Darkfall
"zenshin zenrei o kure yo"
Give it your whole body and soul.
3rd Season, Fullmetal Alchemist

Just like the quote.
ColdFire
"I hate many things and there's nothing i like!" - Sasuke, Naruto
jharsika
If you've ever watched Da Capo I love to quote it there are so many cute scenes:
"Banananananananananana. I just loooove bananas!" - Miharu

"....ugh! Kotori!....Umo!" - She's saying the miso smells like wet dog...then she says "It's good!"

And also;
"Doishite...doishite...[you're always asking] doischite" - Gravitation, Yuki
jasmine
I forgot from what anime I've read this... if someone knows please tell me. XD

"Okay okay I'll pay you! Because forgiveness for someone like you can never be an option!"
rileyvace
"Beleive it!!"
"-ttebayo"
It's naruto little thing he says after most sentences. BELIEVE IT!!

Naruto - Naruto
jenus
thats funny, about "dattebayo" that does not really means "BELIEVE IT" i guess since it has no meaning when translated to english they had to get up to somethind and that was "BELIEVE IT" , i hated DUBS...
QrafTee
jenus wrote:
thats funny, about "dattebayo" that does not really means "BELIEVE IT" i guess since it has no meaning when translated to english they had to get up to somethind and that was "BELIEVE IT" , i hated DUBS...

Yeah, you're right. When I read the previous poster about saying "dattebayo" means "believe it" I found it hilarious. Perhaps checking out the Dattebayo fansub site may enlighten him about how Japanese people can personalize their speech styles by adding endings and such. This would make it hard for dubbers to deal with, so that tag something like "believe it" on and then make it really annoying since hearing a two word phrase over and over causes headaches like no tomorrow.
jasmine
One line that will never leave my mind:

"How I love her naive perception of me, how I wish it were true but I'm afraid it isn't." ^^

~ Samurai X; First episode Very Happy
Hayate
jharsika wrote:
OK ok ok . My first order of business is to find out what "Arukkoto Naikoto" means from Melody of Oblivion, it's directly translated as something, nothing. I remember finding somewhere the actual meaning, can anyone help? While you are at it, slap down your favorite quotes if you like, and their meanings if you know them. If you don't know, maybe you'll find out. Sorry if a thread like this was already made....just delete this if it was.

Thanks!
Some of my favorites:
"Echo my Meros!" - Bocca, Melody of Oblivion

"Nothing could ever beat my beemo baby" - Golden Boy

arukoto comes from the word arimasu, wich means "is" as in being somewhere for non living things. example: hon ga arimasu = there is a book. nai is the negative form of arimasu, so it can mean nothing, or not there.
Scaramanga
Best quote is Asuka's final line in End of Evangelion...
"Kimochi warui"

Which has lead to over a decade of debate and speculation on what exactly it means. Eva fans are so hilarious when they get their panties in a bunch. Very Happy
exarkun
I love eyeshield 21's.

Before each match(America Football), they would call some kind of a rally.

And it is "fuc**** kill them!"

Shocked
ashen
My favorite quotes from Chrno Crusade :
- "dareka wo mamoreba kanarazu betsu ni dareka wo kizutsukemasu" = "if you protect someone, certainly you will hurt another" (Mary Magdalene)
- "orokana ningen wa nani o iu" = "what the foolish human are said" (Chrno)

from Trinity Blood :
- "Positive" (Tres)

I will write the other quotes later.
idefineny
i love the interesting quotes... and the naruto catch phrase in english is the worst... i hate hearing him say believe it... but that's the same as someone from where i'm from speaking slang and someone trying to port what i say over to an anime... there is no way it would be ported correctly... but, i'd much rather watch subtitled versions and interpret it in my own way on certain terminologies... i hate english voice over's anyway...
Scaramanga
idefineny wrote:
i love the interesting quotes... and the naruto catch phrase in english is the worst... i hate hearing him say believe it... but that's the same as someone from where i'm from speaking slang and someone trying to port what i say over to an anime... there is no way it would be ported correctly... but, i'd much rather watch subtitled versions and interpret it in my own way on certain terminologies... i hate english voice over's anyway...

Uhhh yeah, sure pal. Listen, hearing him say Dattebayo is JUST AS ANNOYING as him saying "Believe it" in English. That's the whole POINT!

If you guys want to argue subs vs. dubs there's already a thread for that.
lordfrikk
One memorable quote:

Gaara, Naruto
Quote:
I love only myself and fight only for myself.
carlokes
Hehehe

"Crap..." from Golden Boy ep01 when he is showing his notebook to the hot mamma President after she tried to rip it in pieces...the scene is hilarious altough the quote might not be the best one...