FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird thing...

Blaster
Ok well i logged in today and nothing was orange. I dont' know why but like it doesn't say the new topics or anything. I really dont' know whats wrong with this....
Rufan06
hmm i'm new here, but i havent seen that problem. Could it possibly be because of your cookies or something like? Maybe they arent allowing you to see the full effect, not sure.
SpellcasterDX
Blaster wrote:
Ok well i logged in today and nothing was orange. I dont' know why but like it doesn't say the new topics or anything. I really dont' know whats wrong with this....

Same happened to me a few days ago. Also sometimes when I come to visit Frihost, I'm logged out, even though I had recently visited the day before. I enabled the 'Log me in automatically upon each visit" but I still sometimes get on Frihost and am not logged in.
Animal
Blaster wrote:

Happens to me all the time... I think it may be something to do with Firefox if that's the browser you use. I find if I close the browser whilst in a topic, this happens.
Blaster
Your problem animal is that it logs you out. Well it works now. Anyhow i am not using firefox. I am on my mom's computer.
Animal
Blaster wrote:
Your problem animal is that it logs you out.

No it doesn't.

Blaster wrote:
I am on my mom's computer.

Couldn't find a chair?
Blaster
what are you talking about with the chair... my computer is broken... don't get why it does what it does but yea...
Daniel15
This happens to me sometimes, using Opera. Most often, it happens when Login, browse around a few topics, and then click the 'FORUMS' link at the top of the page again. Strangely enough, clicking the 'FORUMS' link to return to the board index seems to mark everything as read...
This is why I like SMF better. In SMF, if you log in, read a few topics, log out and then the next day log back in again, all the topics you didn't read are still marked at Unread Smile
KentB
Animal wrote:

Blaster wrote:
I am on my mom's computer.

Couldn't find a chair?

Ahahaha, that's great Animal. I'm pretty sure i'm the only one who got that, though.
Bondings
Animal wrote:
Blaster wrote:

Happens to me all the time... I think it may be something to do with Firefox if that's the browser you use. I find if I close the browser whilst in a topic, this happens.

In your case that's normal. By closing the browser you lose your session, unless you use Opera.

In your case Blaster, I don't know what's the problem. Sometimes it can be due to the server, but that shouldn't happen very often. Maybe the browser creating a new session?

And chairs are indeed much more confortable. Laughing
Blaster
well it has happend twice to me already. I never got this on my own computer.

And yes they are more confortable
garionw
What happens with phpBB is it stores a "last login" in the database. When you "login" or "create a session" (open Frihost) this number gets reset all of the time.

The what will happen is (correct me if i'm wrong), it will do a search for all posts that have had updates since the last time you logged on. So, by closing your "session" and opening it again, your finding all of your posts from about one minute ago (the time you "logged out" or "finished session"
saratdear
It happens to me too. I am logged in, and when I visit :-
Arrow "Visit your posts"
Arrow Some other forums
or

Arrow Click on "postreply" on any topic

It goes back to the log in screen

It happened to me when I clicked on the postreply of this topic!

What is happening?
tidruG
How long did you leave the page open?
If you open a page on the forums and keep it open for too long, without clicking around or doing any activity in it, your session expires, and you'll have to login again.

Another reason could be that you maybe opened a new window (in Firefox, new windows can sometimes log you out)
Blaster
Well for me when it has happened I haven't even loged in for like a couple of days. So i know it isn't that. I know what that is. And no that isn't my problem.
saratdear
This is getting really frustrating! Frihost is frequently logging me out! Crying or Very sad I log in, visit some forum, and click on some topic, it goes back to 'Log in'.
If IT IS something with the browser which is keeping me out, like cookies or something, can you tell me how to fix it? I am using firefox. Very Happy
Animal
saratdear wrote:
This is getting really frustrating! Frihost is frequently logging me out! Crying or Very sad I log in, visit some forum, and click on some topic, it goes back to 'Log in'.
If IT IS something with the browser which is keeping me out, like cookies or something, can you tell me how to fix it? I am using firefox. Very Happy

TOOLS > OPTIONS > PRIVACY > COOKIES. Hit EXCEPTIONS, add "frihost.com" and click "allow"
Blaster
yea i use firefox and dont' have a problem. Also note that when you close the browser it logs you out. So if you close firefox you will be automaticly be logged out.
saratdear
i have done what you told, Animal and it is not cured. Can clearing the cookies and then logging in to Frihost again help?
Blaster
well it stoped for now at least. (knok on wood) Anyhow topic can be closed or left open what ever you want.