FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't change permissions? Could not change perms on images

impronto
I'm using mambo for my site, and I want to upload some images in my header in the templates folder. When I try to change permissions to 777 in smartftp, I get this error "Could not change perms on images: Bad file descriptor."

Therefore, I cannot even upload my own images. How can I fix this? Thanks.

I also read that this is from the host, not mambo.
Bondings
Try to change it with another ftp-program or, even better, with the file manager in cpanel.
impronto
just tried cpanel and 2 different ftp programs and it still says failed. why? anyone have this problem?
Bondings
With the file manager, did you enter the number manually? Because it only works if you use the checkboxes, imo.
n0obie4life
Bondings wrote:
With the file manager, did you enter the number manually? Because it only works if you use the checkboxes, imo.

I key in the number manually Rolling Eyes.

Just make sure you get the right numbers...Don't type 779 or 776. Its 777 Razz.
impronto
yea i did it properly, it still wont work.

i just noticed though. i have several different templates so i just tested this. I can change the permissions on some templates, but not the others, and the one im using is one of the others lol.

so how come it wont change on the one i want? is there some limitation on the specific mambo template where it does that on purpose?
Bondings
There should be no limitation. It maybe resets the permission back.
impronto
so what should i do?
impronto
anyone? Sad
Bondings
Just tell me which file permissions you want to change and I'm going to try to do it for you.