FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NHL 07

DBoy22
Quite simply the best hockey game I've ever played. For the first time the game has the real pace as the live sport. Also, goals don't feel pre-determined - you never know what will happen every time you shoot the puck. Amazing graphics, great gameplay, all around best sports title for the 360. Highly recommended.

DB
eday2010
I haven't played it yet on my PC as I don't think my plain old non-alalog non-dual stick controller would do the game justice.

Anyone thinking of downloading this game through torrents....DON'T. I did and my ISP sent me a warning because the ESA contacted them saying I downloaded the game and that it's copyrighted, and told them when I downloaded it and with what. Kind of scary that you can be tracked like that online. Anyhow, the download was for test puposes only. If I like the game, I'll be buying it for sure. Hockey is awesome.
Trent DeWhite
One thing I was disappointed with was was the puck handling mechanics the used for the Xbox version. Instead of shooting and controlling the puck with the right analog stick, it's now used for passing. Each basic direction performs a different style of pass, and drop passes now come into play frequently (as they should). Shooting is done on the right trigger, which not only feels awkward; it makes the entire scheme feel convoluted. Checking has always been on the B button, and suddenly, it's shifted to Y. The new passing mechanism isn't worth reworking the entire system, and in the end, comes off as tacked on.

It was apparently necessary though so the marketing team has something to work with. Changes elsewhere are so minute, casual players will find nothing of note. You can now play a dynasty in other worldwide leagues, the minor leagues play a slightly larger role, and a new "trust" system is in place letting you know how much faith the team owner has in your squad. A few brief mini-games hardly add value.