FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Men/Women/Marriage/Sex

ainieas
Is marriage the price men pay for sex or is sex the price women pay for marriage? Or is there a third option called love, which I believe is fleeting and very indefinite, like I don't believe its possible to love someone all your life. At one point it all breaks down and the only reason people continue is because they accept that "thus is life".

What are your views?
Mosquito.Tyler
Well, I'd like to believe that love is eternal, and that nothing can degrade the quality of a relationship...however I think that if Sex becomes a price for marriage, or vice versa, than love does not exist in that relationship. I believe that if you truly love someone, sex makes a relationship more intimate and therefor stronger.
blue77
For me the truth is that man maried becouse thay think that this is the right moment to do it. It's very hard to force man to marry if he things that now is not the right moment.
Many women don't want to marry and preffered to be single, but like sex. So everyone make his own desissions, and counts the price to pay Rolling Eyes
Pikokola
Sex is not something to pay....

Naturally, Sex is for human to keep the existence... eventough some people think that sex is something to sold or else...
HoboPelican
ainieas wrote:
Is marriage the price men pay for sex or is sex the price women pay for marriage? Or is there a third option called love, which I believe is fleeting and very indefinite, like I don't believe its possible to love someone all your life. At one point it all breaks down and the only reason people continue is because they accept that "thus is life".

What are your views?

It sounds like you are in a real bad place right now, Ainieas. I dont think there is any hard and fast relationship between marriage and sex. Ive seen the amount of sex between couples go up and go down after marriage...it all depends on the relationship.

Ive been with my wife now for over 16 years and I have to say that I have never loved her more than I do today. I cant say it will last forever with certainty, but I see no reason for anything to change after this long. Love can last. Of course, it can fall into the pisser after only a few months. It does require committment from both parties.
Tvis
well I do believe there are certain fases in marriage...I am not married, but I guess love in the beginning is being in love...feeling the vibes, forgetting about everything. Just the person is what you can think about. When you are with that person. The relationship only lasts if you are friends beside being lovers. The sex might be the difference beteen being friends and a couple. But the feeling of being in love dissappears. What's left is a feeling that you cannot be without that person. I love my girlfiend, because I share everything with her...she knows me, she knows what I like...and I love that. I would miss talking to her. Everyday things...so in that way I will always love her.
livilou
Sex is not payment for anything, most especially marriage. I love my husband and I know he loves me just as much. I also, don't see it ending for any reason. We've been together for a long time and we're still able to talk to each other about anything (almost - somethings I want a girlfriend for). Anyway, is marriage easy? I don't think so. I think it takes work from both parties. Marriage is a commentment between two people. Sex is just one of the benefits of have a mate/spouse that meets your needs, but then it's not really sex anymore, it's love.
justingme
ainieas wrote:

What are your views?

love is the reason make people feel dislike animal.
Men and Women 's love is like a contract that they trade their resouce.
ainieas
Everywhere I look around me I see broken relationships and all. But seems like there might be still a chance for love after all.
window2
All of those scenarios happen. If you dont think you can love someone for an entire lifetime then dont get married...no one has to and many people shouldn't...it's not for everyone
jharsika
It almost sounds like you think marriage is a prerequisite for sex, or am I understanding it wrong?

I know a couple that's been together for around 15 years unmarried who love each other AND have a great sex life.
blue77
Different people have a different sex life. One are more compatible, outhers know how to keep passion alive. For some people the sex is not the most important thing. It depends on many things. Sometimes the thins are going realy bad.
But there is no need to be despred. And for certsin you have to watch for whom are you have to marry.
ainieas
This brings me to the eternal question - no matter how much you love a person right now, can you say for sure you'll love the same person your whole life through?

And, what love is it that cannot withstand the strain of marriage?
Sergiy
LOVE and MARRIAGE are so magical words Laughing

I think you can love same person forever. Ofcorse if love is in eitherside otherway it just can't last for long time. Or put it like this. Till age of 40 there is love, but then it's just life you have to live and in marriage is alot easier ofcorse if you understand eachother Rolling Eyes
HoboPelican
Sergiy wrote:
...Till age of 40 there is love, but then it's just life you have to live...

Excuse, me, but speak for yourself only!
Laughing
At 52 years of age, I am still madly in love with my wife of 15 years. I still get a little skip in my heart when I look over at her. It is NOT just life after 40, my friend... it is LOVE as long as you allow it to be.
Tamoko
I believe it's something in the middle. I think it is normal that in a long relationship you have less sex than in the beginning. But in a strong relationship you get a lot more than sex. That doesn't mean that the sex part is not important. I think you should find a way in which both are happy. Both sides have to do their best. Both sides must invest in the relationship. On the other side, if after a while there is not much sex in the relationship, and you cannot discuss it, and you're not happy, thann I'm convinced you should break up. I wasted one year on a girl waiting for her to make up her mind after 6 year of relationship....I broke up, and now I'm happier than ever.
rightclickscott
If you can't accept love as part of marriage, then you shouldn't even be married in the first place. A marriage based on sex will end tragically. End of story.
Cddhesh
Good Topic for discussion. My views are like this..
Every man and women, when they reach at certain age level starts liking person of opposite sex.It is natural phenomenon.Every person has dream to settle in life and enjoy each and everything that he can(including all life processes). "Liking"in the sense, one person feels like the other can be good life partner for me and we both can enjoy our life.
1) Love - Choosing partner for life.
2) Marriage- It is like Social thing or approval process that two people who decide to be life partner, undergo to make their liking or partnership legal
3) Sex- This is actually process defined by nature to keep human race in existence.

Well, If the marriage is arranged, then numbers 1 and 2 will be swapped.if you follow such sequence, its like you are going according to society rule.
These are neither interdependent nor clashes with each other. So each step is independent.
Price never comes in picture if this steps are followed in sequence, throughly from individuals heart.
If there is break down , it is totally individuals mistake in choosing his/her partner.
apple
For most of my life sex was loveless and I wanted it that way, I did not seek nor want any emotional bonds.

When I met my husband I was terribly cold and distant (emotionally). It has been my experience that love makes the sexual experience a whole lot better and I being somewhat of a nympho I KNOW that sex is good. Sex and love together is the BOMB!

getting back to the topic now...
A lot of people settle cause they grow wearing in waiting for the right person or cause they keep meeting the wrong people. I told someone recently...if you don't want a guy who drinks don't go to the clubs to pick up guys...I think its simple. Depending on what you're looking for you go to places that kinda guy would go to. Maybe you'll meet him.

I don't think all marriages breakdown to the point described in the 1st post. Yet I admit that many do break down for diff reasons. Before getting involved you have to ask yourself if you're ready. Are you willing to commit to and deal with this person for the rest of your life? Are you old enough to mentally and emotionally handle the day to day issues?

Marriage and relationship is not all about 'feel good' feelings, its about compatibility and understanding. Its about knowing him/her (likes, dislikes, moods, desires) and not crossing those lines...it's giving him/her the understanding and patience you'd want for yourself.