FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield2

battlefield-solo
Hi guys and womens , Today we will speak about Battlefield 2 , for me that's the best game of war on PC.

I am doing maps / mods , If you need help about this , tell me Wink
generalgazz
I have been interested in making some batlefield2 maps for some time now but haven't really got round to it yet.
Prehaps you could let me know what programs I will be needing and could you give me any links to decent tutorial sites?

The last time I went into map making was for unreal tournament which I thought was pretty easy to make maps for and I have several of them out there on the internet somewhere Smile

Now battlefield 2 has taken over UT as my favourite game so I would like to make some 1v1 or 2v2 deathmatch style maps/mod as I often play on a lan with just me and my friend and while its fun for 10 minutes to run about shooting each other alone on the lan, it would be a lot better if there was a game mode actually designed for this. Wink
Manofgames
generalgazz wrote:
I have been interested in making some batlefield2 maps for some time now but haven't really got round to it yet.
Prehaps you could let me know what programs I will be needing and could you give me any links to decent tutorial sites?

The last time I went into map making was for unreal tournament which I thought was pretty easy to make maps for and I have several of them out there on the internet somewhere Smile

Now battlefield 2 has taken over UT as my favourite game so I would like to make some 1v1 or 2v2 deathmatch style maps/mod as I often play on a lan with just me and my friend and while its fun for 10 minutes to run about shooting each other alone on the lan, it would be a lot better if there was a game mode actually designed for this. Wink

if you go to the homepage for it on EA, or goto http://www.stratergyinformer.com there's a link inthe BF2 area to a map maker.

I downloaded it and tried it, but couldn't do anything.

Mind you, I've never actually done any modding in my life whatsoever!!

Anyway, give it a go and let me know what you create.

I'd like to try it. Very Happy
generalgazz
OK thanks, I'll give it a try next week, can't yet because im still on vacation until tuesday Smile
brandonberg
i have not attemped to create anything using the battlefield 2 map editor/creator but i have played around with the battlefield 1942 on a little.

these map editors (for both games) are reasonably easy to use, its just that you have to commit yourself and make sure your a patient person. Maps for these 2 specific games are often very large (64 player esp) and it can often take some time to make them look half decent. For example, there is no point in havin a great idea for a 64 player map, designing it and building it etc. when you cant be bothered texturing it properly. This can happen alot. People start them and never fully complete. If people did then there would be a lot of great maps out there.

My advice: If you havnt played around with map editing before and want to give it a go, Design a map for a reasonably popular game (e.g. battlefield 2) because there will be a reasonable amount of support out there if you need it, also look up some tutorials on the net and read them, they can really help out. Then once you get the hang of it move onto something bigger and better. Very Happy
dac_nip
im new in battlefield. what are the things that i need to know. i mean the basics when playing online? Very Happy
Manofgames
Just play as you would against bots, try and get on the American team, as that's the team with the commands in english Very Happy

Oh, and only choosed servers with friendly fire:1 otherwise your own team will kill you for a plane Sad as i have found out.
faker_phil
Manofgames wrote:
as that's the team with the commands in english

You can set BF2 to "English Voice Only" in the audio options, so MEC or PLA will be English too.
Manofgames
faker_phil wrote:
Manofgames wrote:

You can set BF2 to "English Voice Only" in the audio options, so MEC or PLA will be English too.

thanks!! See, you learn somthing new everyday!!
dac_nip
faker_phil wrote:
Manofgames wrote:

thanks. that's very useful. i usually play against america as the other team are always outnumbered. their popularity is very much high. what server do you usually join? by the way, i haven't patch my Battlefied to v1.4?? is it really required?
Manofgames
only if you want to play on some servers, all it does as far as it affected me is stop u using vechile drop on some maps (subject to server admin)
faker_phil
dac_nip wrote:
i haven't patch my Battlefied to v1.4?? is it really required?

Without it, you can't play on servers that are version 1.4. Only on those having the version you have.
ForceRun
Any of you guy play Armor Fury? Best of BF2 in my humble option.
wiehls
I got good ol' bf2. Though not for a while. (I just learned about the patch 1.4 reading the other posts! And I learned you can change the languages to englsih)
I have tryed using the map editor but it takes too much time (for me) to make anytning substantial and useful. I have downloaded some player-made-maps and played them, but i still prefer the default maps and settings.
I really enjoy starting a map on coop mode, making the bots fairly easy, and seeing how many kills i can do in one round. It makes the online servers seem very challenging.