FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linux XP Desktop

calvinchin
Hi there,

Anyone using Linux XP Desktop before?

any problem with printing, scanning, and image downloading from
camera?

Check out here:
http://www.linux-xp.com/index.php

Thank you.

Wink
johanfh
Looks nice! Especially the build-in Wine support. Thanks for the link!
JohanFH
zipper
never hear and never use before.But look like very nice, I will try it Very Happy
ocalhoun
If it's still completely free, I'll offer it on my new website.
{name here}
Do KDE, GNOME, and ReactOS, all free things that can emulate a windows-like environment and even run windows apps ring a bell?
ocalhoun
Well, yes they do, but It'd be nice to have full windows compatability built into a distro. If it's as close a match as it seems, even noob users could migrate to linux.
{name here}
ocalhoun wrote:
Well, yes they do, but It'd be nice to have full windows compatability built into a distro. If it's as close a match as it seems, even noob users could migrate to linux.

That is what ReactOS is. The problem with users is not the operating system nor the environment. Both are completely fine. However, the reason most people will not migrate to Unix-like OSes or even Macs are because of fear. Let me quote myself at Microsuck:
I wrote:

[Quote relating to giving out free CDs to people to crumble the MS empire]

It can take a major blow, but nobody who is computer illiterate is going to be willing to change to anything but Vista. They still probably believe the old Mac myths and they'd think Linux would be so obscure that they wouldn't even use it, and you can't convince them otherwise. They're too closed minded to try anything else. Those are the kind of people MS is relying on to use Vista, and surprisingly it will work until the next generation steps in.
jackill
It looks very interesting indeed Smile Is the integration with Windows as good as they say? No problems with files, multimedia? (is flash & java in browser running?). If all the answers are yes, it`s really good distro for everyone Smile Especiallyfor using computerfor browsing the web, because linux is in 99,99% free of viruses, spyware, worms and other sh**.
ezekiel_rage
calvinchin wrote:
Hi there,

Anyone using Linux XP Desktop before?

any problem with printing, scanning, and image downloading from
camera?

Check out here:
http://www.linux-xp.com/index.php

Thank you.

Wink

Its a ripp-off!

With the proper tools you do the things that Linux XP does. You can take any distro and make it run most Win32 applications.

I would not recommend using this "distro".

Besides its an insult to the Linuxcommunity and to the Free and Open Source Software principles.

But then thats just me.

Nice Eye candy though.

But then again.....