FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pulling off the mustache instead of shaving

Nikkori
My friend find it interesting to pull the strand above his upper lip off one by one rather than shaving it. Is it okay?
kronso.23
Sure it is ok... if you're a sadomasochist maybe...
HoboPelican
Sure. its not that uncommon in some cultures, especially those whose members have very little facial hair.

And as to pain, some people dont find that much pain in plucking hairs. Heck, look at the Epilady and waxing. It's just minor pain once you do it once or twice. Yeah, dont ask. Smile
Nikkori
My friend's mustache were just tiny and not really thick like those of adults. Maybe that's why he don't feel the pain. He's just 18-year-old anyway, and got little mustache.
HoboPelican wrote:
What is a Sadomasochist? In what country are those people commonly belong?
bambholebaba
Very bad indeed ! sado masochism means having both sadism and masochinm at a time by one person ! sadism I think u must be knowing, it is enjoyment of cruelty, and masochism is enjoying ones own pain. Both the meanings are colloquial, classically, both are sexual perversions ! I am so sorry, if I might have hurt u.
dac_nip
wow. you gotta be out of your mind if you do that. why do it one by one if you can shave it anyway? perhaps, if you enjoy the pain then might as well try it. Very Happy
all-australian-reject
haha whoa...thats crazy, but i guess its ok. It would probably mean that it takes longer to grow back! which is a good thing!
dac_nip
all-australian-reject wrote:
haha whoa...thats crazy, but i guess its ok. It would probably mean that it takes longer to grow back! which is a good thing!

yeah but it would be a lot thicker and bushy. hehe Very Happy
quex
Sure, why not? Girls have to do it all the time. (Sorry boys, but we do get little mustaches... we try to take care of them for you, but it's painful...!)

What REALLY hurts is using an depillatory (hair-eating) cream, like Nair. It burns so much!!!

Overall, neither pulling out hairs nor shaving produces thicker, more "bushy" growback. Growback might seem thicker or scratchier with shaving, but that's just because the ends of the hair are square where they were cut off. Hair that has been pulled out has to regrow from the tip, so it's thinner for a little while.
tijn01
Pulling your mustache out one hair at the time???? You siriously must have lost the plot to do that. I f you don't have enough hair to shave it, leave it.
I don't see the point of shaving anyways, I grew a beard a couple of years ago and my girlfriend loves it!!!
bigdan
Ouch! Shocked That's gotta hurt! I prefer to shave my 'tache off.
HoboPelican
Nikkori wrote:
My friend's mustache were just tiny and not really thick like those of adults. Maybe that's why he don't feel the pain. He's just 18-year-old anyway, and got little mustache.
HoboPelican wrote:
What is a Sadomasochist? In what country are those people commonly belong?

Just for the record, it wasnt me that said that...it was kronso.23.

Sounds like we got a lot of wimps out there who can't take a little pain. Wink

Just kidding, guys. I think different people experience pain quite differently. For me, pulling hairs out was never really a big deal, but I know it really bothers some.
zamolxes
Should be pretty painful... but like with anything, you can get used to it in time. I don't think there is anything to worry about, besides a little pain... He should maybe ask a doctor, just in case.
indianinworld
Pulling Hair - Sounds Funny..

But anyways - This activity is abnormal and If this continues, in Future he will not any hair Smile.

In Simle words - Shaving promotes more and more Hair Growth. Plucking or Pulling Hair depromotes Hair Growth.

Keep Smiling.
engeland
kronso.23 wrote:

lol. yea i would agree with that. Doesn't that hurt? it could leave a permanent red sore
lalune
hey... it's perfectly fine to pluck!

It's just a matter of preference, just like some like to drink orange juice but won't touch the fruit itself~~ Laughing

BTW, my brother does it all the time, and it takes about 10-14 days before the new hair grows out. Plus, the new ones that comes out are finer and not as rough as those when you shave. Another plus, your skin feels softer too!! Razz