FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to detect a user A on every computer ?

Philip
someone told me to make a website for detecting A, i meant like this

A using computer1, after A input his name computer1 will save the data into internet or cookies or else.
after that
A will using computer2, and we want to give feedback like hello A.

i a bit confusing on here since computer2 can be anywhere, and he want only give feedback to exact user. and he said site www.airasia.com can do it.

please suggest me -_-"
kronso.23
can you be more specific?
I don't think this is possible unless you input your user name

Once you are on computer 1 and you are person A, you enter your data on the computer and the website puts cookies on your computer, so once that very same computer visits, it will retrieve the cookies and know you've been to the site before.

if you go to the same site on a different computer, Those cookies will not be there because you have never been to the site with that computer!
jabapyth
its impossible without a login type system
snowboardalliance
jabapyth wrote:
its impossible without a login type system

Probably what you meant. Of course, it will not automatically say Hello A, anywhere as you posted, but the user will first have to log in.
Philip
so the conclusion is no one know how the site work then ?
i confused also, same as you guys, so i programmed it using cookies. but since using cookies, it won't affected on other computer -_-"
snowboardalliance
Philip wrote:
so the conclusion is no one know how the site work then ?
i confused also, same as you guys, so i programmed it using cookies. but since using cookies, it won't affected on other computer -_-"

That site looks like it has a log on system. Can you explain a little more cleaerly what you want? Like do the people using multiple computers have to sign on some how? That's the only way it'll work.
kv
I think I know what this guy is talking about. He wants a system where the user will be able to persist some data in one computer and will be able to access at a later point of time in onother computer.

And the site he mentions also uses a logon system. So he wants a site with logon system. User logs in one computer, does some transactions. Later logs in using onother computer and the transactions are available on that computer also.
Philip
i know how to do it if using login system,
but my uncle said he didn't do any login,
he just reversed a ticket and going buy some drink and back to other computer and open it up, but the data that he already inputed still show up. #he was playing internet on rental internet.#
snowboardalliance
Philip wrote:
i know how to do it if using login system,
but my uncle said he didn't do any login,
he just reversed a ticket and going buy some drink and back to other computer and open it up, but the data that he already inputed still show up. #he was playing internet on rental internet.#

So he accessed it at some public place? Probably from the same IP, which might be why it is saved...but that is sooooo insecure. I mean, this makes anyone on a public computer vulnerable, not to mention AOL users. I'm a little confused, but don't do anything like saving personal information with an IP address.