FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problem with Amilo PA 1510 SATA disc controler?

hrtorrent
I have problem with sata controler on my Amilo PA 1510. When I turn computer on first time, they return "Operating system not found", and hard disc is not recognized in BIOS. After rebooting (ctrl+alt+del) computer boot normaly from that disc. I have sata fujitsu hard disk.
I flash bios with new version but still have same problem.
What should I do?
Question
johanfh
I guess you have auto-detect hard disk on in your bios. You could try to manually (or by scanning for new hard-drives) select your hard-drive in the bios, so it doesn't have to search for it while booting.
I guess it goes something like this: you boot your computer, the hard-drive is a bit lazy in spinning, the auto-detect doesn't find anything, because the drive isn't ready yet, the computer continues to boot, hard drive is ready, but not found by detection, so you can't boot, you press ctrl+alt+del, hard-drive is still spinning, so it starts fast the second time, is recognized by the bios and everything works fine.
So with selecting it in the bios, your pc knows there HAS to be such an hard-drive. Therefore it waits a little longer for the drive to come up, what gives the drive the time to start its engines...

JohanFH
hrtorrent
johanfh wrote:
I guess you have auto-detect hard disk on in your bios. You could try to manually (or by scanning for new hard-drives) select your hard-drive in the bios, so it doesn't have to search for it while booting.
I guess it goes something like this: you boot your computer, the hard-drive is a bit lazy in spinning, the auto-detect doesn't find anything, because the drive isn't ready yet, the computer continues to boot, hard drive is ready, but not found by detection, so you can't boot, you press ctrl+alt+del, hard-drive is still spinning, so it starts fast the second time, is recognized by the bios and everything works fine.
So with selecting it in the bios, your pc knows there HAS to be such an hard-drive. Therefore it waits a little longer for the drive to come up, what gives the drive the time to start its engines...

JohanFH

Thanks JonahH, I will try this and hope that works.
Very Happy
hrtorrent
Well, unfortunately in Phoenix bios I can't change any hard disk options, it's automaticly detected. But I do something else: I exclude all USB and networks drives and hdd from boot order. Why? I notice, somethimes when booting sata hard disk was at bottom of list, below usb and network drives. Maybe this helps, I will see tomorow when my notebook cool down.
hrtorrent
Still without solution. I flash up new BIOS version and try eny BIOS option but boot problem is still present.
Mad
palomies83
Hi! I have exactly same problem and i think that my HD is broken or is going to crash soon. Did you find something what helped on your computer?
hrtorrent
HDD controler was broken. Only solution is to change mainboard. Lucky, notebook was under guaranty...