FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Breaking news - Amish School Shooting PA

circuits
This is absolutely horrible

I can't believe there are people in this world who have the nerve to do this to children.
Please keep these people and their families in your prayers.
HoboPelican
That is just horrible....awful....I just have no words for this...
hlavco
Quote:
The attack was the nation's third deadly school shooting in a week.

Wow... I hear nothing now that I'm away at college. This stuff's really bad. What could've happened to the guy twenty years ago that made him come to the nearest school to his house and start killing girls? Sad

Quote:
PARADISE, Pennsylvania

Despite this awful news, I have to point out that that is a funny name for a town.
william
I just read this about an hour ago. It's awful. Like hlavco said, what could have happened to that guy? It happened 2 decades ago, and he comes back for revenge? Why would someone do this anyway?
KD8CPP
Thats sad. It semes like more and more there are getting to be more attacks on places, especially school. I just hope people are not trying to re-create columbine.
KentB
I honestly cannot understand what would drive anyone to do this. I mean, what kind of living environment would they have to grow up in to be taught that this would be the right sort of thing to do? At the same time, I also feel sorry for the people who did this, because they believed that they did something "cool", or "right".
tribe
This must be the 3rd school shooting in the states in the last week, and 4th one in the last 3 weeks since the Canadian shooting.

This is very scary and parents may need to be concerned. I live a state over from PA and the schools here are watched closely, some even have medal detectors....

Something needs to be done...... crazy world with too many freaks.
ThornsOfSorrow
This makes me really mad. I can't believe that there have been so many school shootings lately and no one is doing anything about it! A new school was just built a few towns over from me, and there aren't even security cameras anywhere in it! If gunmen are just walking into schools, then security obviously needs to be tightened. How many shootings will it take for those in charge to actually take action? Students need to be protected against maniacs like this guy.
scotty
Does this say anything about the USA's gun laws?

Quote:
The gunman, 32-year-old Charles Carl Roberts IV, was armed with three guns, a stun gun, two knives and a bag holding 600 rounds of ammunition, Miller said.

What sort of person could honestly think that he is not about to do something stupid?

If you can buy stun guns, own three guns and walk around with 600 rounds of ammo there is something wrong with they way people think of guns where you live.

He is a physco and that's that BUT the USA's gun laws are ridiculous.
circuits
I have to disagree with scotty. Gun laws are only going to take away guns from lawful citizens... Do you honestly think that this guy would have been stopped if guns were outlawed? I mean, if you can buy a brick of cocaine off the street when it's illegal, what's stopping you from buying a gun?
scotty
Australia banned guns (not entirely, just handguns which are basically for shooting people) and the statistics are good.

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/cfi/cfi066.html

Now I know these are not definitive or really that amazing. There are still far too many incidents involving guns and banning them in this case has noticeably reduced homicides and suicides but still it isn't enough.

More convincing however would be the way Americans seem to kill each other a lot more than other countries.

Homicides (1998 year after banning of guns in Aus):
57 in Australia
11,789 people in the United States
http://www.ichv.org/Statistics.htm

Don't pull you have more people in the USA.

Population:
295,734,134 in America
20,090,437 in Australia
Google Stats (just type "population in country")

Homicides per million people
2.834 in Australia
39.86 in USA

Not very scientific but it proves the point: there is a problem.

Now, this guy is a crackpot as I already said and I agree gun laws would probably not deter him that much , but the whole mentality of guns in USA is simply ridiculous.

Personally I think if guns were banned you would see less of this but I'm not a physco crackpot that wants to shoot school girls so I can't really say, and neither can anyone else for that matter, what effect making guns illegal would have on a desire to kill a bunch of school girls.
calvinchin
Hi member,

That ..... is ..... t.e.r.r.i.b.l.e ..... ! Crying or Very sad

I thought those are movies idea.... now it's in real life !

Can't imagine what place is safe for our children... Sad
ahamed
jus simply a mad man ... quite unbeliveable ... and it's totally not acceptable..
circuits
Those are very interresting statistics. It would be great if it could work in America, but most American's are bone-headed about such things. Myself included.
hdfailure
America is against war?! america criticises muslam?! America wants to make the world a better palce?! America only wants money in their pockets. The industry of guns is a very profit bussiness and will never end until famous people start to be killed in the streats, or a III world war cames and destroy everyone.

I feel sad for those amish, but things like this will never stop until they take the guns from people hands.

One advice: if your american, pay attenction to what people around the world thinks about america. you will be suprised how much people hate you.

I am not against america, I think that america has lots of things that are good, but others just aint good
i-Dan
I think this is really bad and sick.
Who would do this to kids, and do we feel that kids are safe?
palavra
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/02/national/main2055177.shtml?source=RSSattr=U.S._2055177

news wrote:

"The man who did this today was not the Charlie I have been married to for almost ten years. My husband was loving, supportive, thoughtful... all the things you would always want and more," she said. "Our hearts are broken, our lives are shattered, and we grieve for the innocence and lives that were lost today. Above all, please pray for the families who lost children and please pray too for our family and children."
says wife of the killer.
Neighbors who knew the Roberts' family said they saw no indications of trouble brewing.

"They're a fine Christian family. It's ironic and it's heartbreaking," said Lois Fiester, a relative, as she stood outside the family's modest tan ranch house.
" ?

how a normal man changes to a wild killer.
how a fine christian man kills innocent ,peaceful,amish girls.
and what kind of society this changes a normal man to a monster.
S3nd K3ys
Did you see how fast he was denounced by EVERYONE? When an individual or group acts like that, Americans stand up against them and shun them. Unlike Radical Islamic Muslims. Wink

Did you also see that lady, the extremely radical Christian, who was going to have her church protest at the Amish girl's funerals? Did you see how fast she was denounced by EVERYONE? When an individual or group acts like that, Americans stand up against them and shun them. Unlike Radical Islamic Muslims. Wink
palavra
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Did you see how fast he was denounced by EVERYONE? When an individual or group acts like that, Americans stand up against them and shun them.:

what it supposed be ?

Should some americans tell they are very happy for this killings.
i think
even in america,there is no such a devil man.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Unlike Radical Islamic Muslims. Wink .:

yes that is the point
there are some radical muslim
they do some radical actions
but you consider all of the muslims as radical
radical is radical (jew, muslim, budist, christian)
maybe you know
there are some radical christians
every year they make themselves nailed to cross like you believed Jesus did.Such a horrible , blooddy, idiotic action
maybe you also liked to be nailed to cross like them Very Happy
scotty
palavra wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Did you see how fast he was denounced by EVERYONE? When an individual or group acts like that, Americans stand up against them and shun them.:

what it supposed be ?

Should some americans tell they are very happy for this killings.
i think
even in america,there is no such a devil man.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Unlike Radical Islamic Muslims. Wink .:

yes that is the point
there are some radical muslim
they do some radical actions
but you consider all of the muslims as radical
radical is radical (jew, muslim, budist, christian)
maybe you know
there are some radical christians
every year they make themselves nailed to cross like you believed Jesus did.Such a horrible , blooddy, idiotic action
maybe you also liked to be nailed to cross like them Very Happy

Don't get me wrong I'm completely tolerant of Muslims and I have friends that are Muslim but while we are stereotyping, Muslims flew into the WTC and killed 2,000 people. This is a very brash statement but most terrorists are Muslim. There are a lot of radical Muslims, but there are a lot of Muslims.

Quote:
every year they make themselves nailed to cross like you believed Jesus did.

When you challenge what an individual believes consider who and what their belief affects, if it affects only one person it is no business of yours. When it affects people other than the subject person you should be concerned.

100 virgins for killing innocent people? Please, I think most religions are questionable but if you want to point a finger at someone and call them radical, look at the people that teach and believe that you get 100 virgins for an inhumane act.

Religion has nothing to do with this incident. The fact that the victims were Amish is just a media frenzy because they are different to the majority of people and such blitz the ratings on the grounds that people feel stronger emotions for a minority group of people.

His motives are unknown but religion had nothing to do with it. The guy was a nutcase, not a radical Christian.
palavra
scotty wrote:
Don't get me wrong I'm completely tolerant of Muslims and I have friends that are Muslim but while we are stereotyping, Muslims flew into the WTC and killed 2,000 people..

i see we just repeating ourself
the men who killed 2,000 people can not be real muslims
they were only terrorist.you cannot blame muslims for their acts.
if you do
you should accept
christians killed 6 million jews
christians atom-bombed Japan
christians made slave millions of african blacks.
christians killed million of Indians, maya , aztec, inka.,philipines..............

scotty wrote:
This is a very brash statement but most terrorists are Muslim. ..

what muslims do terror in:
ireland
all latin america
eta in spain
Marxist-Leninist Red Brigades in italy
Baader-Meinhof in germany
the November 17 terrorist in greece
huti- tutsi in ruanda
in south africa........................................................

Quote:
100 virgins for killing innocent people?.

maybe ten
maybe 1000
but most highly 5000 maniacs believe this
and you blame 1 billion people

goodbye justice
goodvye fairness

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/001737.php

http://www.twf.org/Library/Violence.html
healyrj
This event is tragic no matter what your philosophy or creed. To be visited on these peace-loving people is apalling.
scotty
palavra wrote:
the men who killed 2,000 people can not be real muslims
they were only terrorist.you cannot blame muslims for their acts.
if you do
you should accept
christians killed 6 million jews
christians atom-bombed Japan
christians made slave millions of african blacks.
christians killed million of Indians, maya , aztec, inka.,philipines..............

You make a good point here. The rest of your post blurred by a language barrier and I don't really get what you are trying to say.

But the one point that made sense doesn't answer the question of when did any Christian wage a "Holy War" on anybody in the modern and supposedly civilised world we live in? I'm no religion expert but Jihad, Holy War are religious and Muslim ideas that incite violence.

That said I maintain the religion had nothing to do with this event. Any further discussion is irrelevant to this topic.
r_y_e_20
To revenge on what happened 20years ago and blaming it to the kids is something a man with psychological problem can do.