FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Office 2007

garionw
I dont think you can anymore

But, I just got the technical refresh by email
saurabh.sauron
u can download it here:-
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/download/en/default.mspx
u need an MSN account to download it.
garionw
saurabh.sauron wrote:
u can download it here:-
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/beta/download/en/default.mspx
u need an MSN account to download it.

You need to pay for that
ammonkc
I've been trying out Office 2007 for a couple of months now. I got to say that I like it. haven't really had time to try anything other than Outlook. but I like outlook 2007. The ribbon is a better UI than the previous tool bars that was used until now.
hrtorrent
Office 2007 beta expired. You must wait for offical edition. I try beta but I'm not so impressed.

Rolling Eyes
cheeta
Beta2 Update is no more free... but prise is as low as Free :p just USD1.5 for per download
diduknowthat
I had it, and got rid of it when the technical update completely screwed it up, I just couldn't open ANY documents anymore Shocked

Anyways, like others said, it costs $1.50 to download now, not free anymore. But the trial expires soon, so it's pointless to get it now.
varun_dodla
As far as i know office 2007 should be bought but it cannot be got for free until and unless someone ahs a pirated copy and he is distributing it.
Infact all Microsoft products should be bought.
If u r talking about open office org then it can be downloaded from google freely.
garionw
varun_dodla wrote:
As far as i know office 2007 should be bought but it cannot be got for free until and unless someone ahs a pirated copy and he is distributing it.
Infact all Microsoft products should be bought.
If u r talking about open office org then it can be downloaded from google freely.

You could once get it for free, but because of the high amount of downloads, they decided to charge a fee.

They charge a fee to download beta software - and it doesn't guarantee your documents - How Stupid is that
cheeta
Microsoft is charging for the download bandwidth cost... not for the Product... so theoritically... u can obtain the product from Torrents... and use ur old office beta 2 key which will just work fine... and its legal too...
yaashop
Is it ok to talk about Bittorrent here? if yes try to find some info from google and get info about torrent site where you can download it
if no pm me i might can help ^^
JamesBond
in the case abt which cheeta has been referring to, it is perfectly legal, as all torrents are not illegal. some companies such as Red Hat, give torrent links for downloading fedora.
garionw
JamesBond wrote:
in the case abt which cheeta has been referring to, it is perfectly legal, as all torrents are not illegal. some companies such as Red Hat, give torrent links for downloading fedora.

Actually, it is illegal in this case:

Someone From Microsoft wrote:

There are legal and privacy issues which unfortunately make that not an option for Microsoft to officially sponsor a BitTorrent. I really wish we could do it, but we can't.
bturcan
i thin so too
guissmo
So, how is MSoffice2007 different from MSoffice2003? Any news on major good and bad changes between the two versions?
Commando_Sondre
guissmo wrote:
So, how is MSoffice2007 different from MSoffice2003? Any news on major good and bad changes between the two versions?
A new much, much better design and a lot of new features.
johnflores
i have my 2007 office, but it doesnt owrk properly. pls help me
hack_man_
johnflores wrote:

Ha Ha! It doesn't work! You have no problems buddy! It is supposed to suck! The day Microsoft designs something that doesn't suck is the day the start making vacuum cleaners!

I paid for the download... Installed it... Noticed that they were now offering Expression Web Designer downloads... Downloaded it... UNINSTALLED THE SOFTWARE THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO UPDATE LIKE THEY ASKED!!! (v. clever) Tried to re-install it, and... wait for it ... IT WON'T REINSTALL!

I am getting error 2177 with their installation program, which was made by InstallShield, who say that the Error 2177 was caused by Microsoft! Why can't the lazy bastards make their own installer! THEY SHOULDN'T BOTHER MAKING IT LOOK PRETTY IF IT DOESN'T WORK!

MICROSOFT ARE ******* ********! I HATE THEM!
reddishblue
hack_man_ wrote:
johnflores wrote:

Ha Ha! It doesn't work! You have no problems buddy! It is supposed to suck! The day Microsoft designs something that doesn't suck is the day the start making vacuum cleaners!

I paid for the download... Installed it... Noticed that they were now offering Expression Web Designer downloads... Downloaded it... UNINSTALLED THE SOFTWARE THAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO UPDATE LIKE THEY ASKED!!! (v. clever) Tried to re-install it, and... wait for it ... IT WON'T REINSTALL!

I am getting error 2177 with their installation program, which was made by InstallShield, who say that the Error 2177 was caused by Microsoft! Why can't the lazy bastards make their own installer! THEY SHOULDN'T BOTHER MAKING IT LOOK PRETTY IF IT DOESN'T WORK!

And yet you use their computers, funny that.
Anyway as for office, I will probebly upgrade once my school starts teaching the new fetures
orcaz
I am still using Office 2002. Don't see the point in upgrading to version 2003 or 2007. The only attractive thing about the newer versions is the refreshed visual interface. I am going to swap to OpenOffice soon.
aFamous
No windows no ms office! Twisted Evil
hack_man_
reddishblue wrote:
hack_man_ wrote:
johnflores wrote:

And yet you use their computers, funny that.
Anyway as for office, I will probebly upgrade once my school starts teaching the new fetures

Uuh. Wow? How many PCs do you see in shops that run linux? You come out here and you will see that you cannot get anything other then windows, or Norton for antivirus. The market out here is sh**e.
reddishblue
Macs are very easy to get and if I wanted a linux then I would go to my local computer technition and ask him where he got he's.
But maybe where your from Macs arn't so easy to find.
Arseniy
I prefer old good office'97... It's very suitable for me and my computer. I tried 2000, but there was lag and 97 was back.
fadirocks
Arseniy wrote:
I prefer old good office'97... It's very suitable for me and my computer. I tried 2000, but there was lag and 97 was back.

Laughing I'm running office2003 because my school made me buy it with windows Xp and the laptop

I took a look on office2007 word but not PowerPoint
Does it actually offer true 3D animation using OpenGL or DirectX?
s.emasintan
you won't get Office 2007 for free! Instead you can use the free OpenOffice software suite with features almost the same. Can be downloaded over the internet. Fully compatible with windows and linux
pozzler
Here is the project homepage:
http://www.openoffice.org/.

Unfortunately, OO and MO2007 are not fully compatible...and Microsoft Office 2007 looks so damn good..
I believe that Office 2007 beta has some expiration date (near February, 2007) so downloading it now is not really worth the effort.
Is there a pricing for Office 2007 available ?

Cheers

Wojtek
Kostya
I still use Microsoft Office XP, and i think it`s normal soft )
x-0n3
Well, I've been testing MS Office 2007 and I'm totally blown away - the interface is so cool and easy to use, although I met some people who said it's fugly, well I don't care.
You would need some time to get used to the interface, but after you do you won't know how did you managed without it.

Another really nice alternative for MS Office is OpenOffice, that unlike the MS one it's free and open source. You can get it in http://openoffice.org

x-0n3.
jordansymon
Open office is nice, but their power point program runs VERY slow, however neooffice for mac (built of oOO) seems to work fine.
orcaz
jordansymon wrote:
Open office is nice, but their power point program runs VERY slow, however neooffice for mac (built of oOO) seems to work fine.

Moreover, the powerpoint program is poor. There are only two design templates for use when you install it by default!!! OpenOffice Word also loads much slower than my Word XP.
Tokci
[quote="hack_man_"]
johnflores wrote:
The day Microsoft designs something that doesn't suck is the day the start making vacuum cleaners!

Good one.... Laughing
Dragonfly-online
actually, i dont think thyre offering it free on the microsoft website anymore... and if they do, it requires a buck ninety nine to get it, due to bandwidth costs... they didint charge you that fee for vista rc2 however...
JoseRizal
i will be trying out ms office 2007 - the office will probably upgrade to this new version.
i program in vba and i'd like to see how much different it is in the 2007 version. my main interest for now is the accessibility and compatibility of this office version to previous versions.
Talk2Tom11
currently running the new office 2007. Love it. So many changes and I love every one of them.

PowerPoint has sooo many cool new things That I don't know which one to try first.
orno
hack_man_ wrote:
Uuh. Wow? How many PCs do you see in shops that run linux? You come out here and you will see that you cannot get anything other then windows, or Norton for antivirus. The market out here is sh**e.

Uh.... You do know that u can download linux for free right? and if you dont want to download it, almost every computer magazine that comes out has free cd's with it and most of them come with some linux version or the other.... so you complaining that your market is shi* has nothing to do with it...
Esch
I'm liking Office 2007. All I've really used so far is Outlook and Word. The interface for Word is...interesting. I'm not sure yet if I like it or hate it just yet.

I've switched from Thunderbird to Outlook though. The only reason I switched is their integrated calendar/to-do bar thingy better than Thunderbird's extension calendar.

Outlook running POP3 is a bit slow though compared to Thunderbird, IMAP support sucks on Outlook so I switched to a POP3 server. I disabled all the add-ins that I don't use (which is all of them) and it runs and starts up a lot faster.
obiang
I'm not an Office 2007 fan. Had a terrible time with it. Could have been because I was using the beta version, but there are elements of the UI that I personally can't get used to.
palavra
as i see there is a big mistrusting for microsoft
i also lost my sympathy.
kany
Well i am using the MS office 2007 and it really have a nice interface. They have changed the way the menus look when you click a menu button You are not just presented with a drop down menu but the whole lot of toolbars change the reflect the contants of that menu. Thats the change they have brought in the interface. They have almost improved every thing from the previous versions. Now in Microsoft word you can write equations as well. But as You get more functionalites You spend more resources so its a bit slow if you have a slower computer.
wildkill
Microsoft Office 2007 Beta Only Have 30days to try it. When beta expired, you only can saw the docuement but can not edit. I think beta is waste time, you can wait for released.
adeydas
i am using the beta version now and i like it! its quite an improvement over the previous versions. i especially like the toolbars and the way everything is grouped. what is don't like is the new file extensions. quite a lot of people still use the previous versions of word and extensions like .docx cannot be read by them. so whenever i use office 2007 i have to use it in compatibility mode. apart from that issue, its a nice office suite. btw how much do you think will the official version cost?!?
rvec
torrents and linking to torrents are against our forum rules. Even if the downloads are legal! Also explaining how it works over pm is against our rules.