FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dell Notebook

k4mt3l
my dell notebook very fast to hot....
can you help me for solution???
FunFunkyFritz
The easiest solution would be to down-throttle the CPU.
But i don't know if you want to do that. It will make the laptop slower.

Another solution would be to build a docking station with large fans in it.
I've done that for my laptop. But then again - i only use it as a music jukebox and it's now totally stationary - but silent.
JamesBond
is it having toshiba batteries?
i recently heard abt the news regarding Dell lappies bursting into flames due to overheating. i seriously recommend to chk the batteries as they might be the hidden culprits. also, if that does not solve the problem, chk the power supply and the wirings and all. ur cooling system can also be faulty.
Bones
JamesBond wrote:
is it having toshiba batteries?
i recently heard abt the news regarding Dell lappies bursting into flames due to overheating. i seriously recommend to chk the batteries as they might be the hidden culprits. also, if that does not solve the problem, chk the power supply and the wirings and all. ur cooling system can also be faulty.

Those faulty batteries are from Sony, not Toshiba
ronald.helpdesk
Recently there has been some problem with faulty batteries, as someone said before in this issue, but... in addition to that annoying problem, some models of Dell's laptops, came with a fabric problem... some sort of a faulty motherboard or a AC adapter vrs. motherboard incompatibility, I had a client with these very problem at the beginning of his viacrusis... after that the ac power adapter started to heat up too, then the computer's battery was not holding charge, then the laptop didn't recognize the power adapter... and then the user was unable to work with his computer because he couldn't start it over, even using certain procedure that Dell support team told him to do, all of it became a chain of problems... I suggest you to confirm your product warranty and go to a Dell support stablishment... because, this can and will get worse with time... if you need further information write me some e-mail... it's a pleasure to help troubled ppl.

Ron@ld
k4mt3l wrote:
my dell notebook very fast to hot....
can you help me for solution???