FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I was shocked at first, then I thought...

rameshbn1
Hello People,

I heard that they started haveing 'cuddle parties' in the US. Strangers get together, cuddle for a while, then say bye-bye and depart. Relieves you if you are stressed out or just split up, and no commitments.

I was shocked at first. Then I thought, why not?

I think this is a great idea. Americans awluz come up with these great ideas... Surprised
bluecradle
hmm that's a great stress reliever...but i guess it still depends whether you're that kind of person who is soothed by such a therapy...me i eat ice cream and play grand theft auto Shocked
frozenhead
rameshbn1 wrote:

I think this is a great idea. Americans awluz come up with these great ideas... Surprised

Well, I'm sorry to say this but I think it's not.
Sadow
rameshbn1 wrote:

Cuddling okay, sure, but it will also lead to orgies and stuff like that. If you ask me I'm not going to have myself cuddled by a complete stranger. People are so.... weird. But I can understand if people are realy lonesome.
Keran
Hmm this reminds me of that Hug Campain or something on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

I think that this Cuddle thing is a good thing, it may really help.
Sometimes a hug is all we need Wink
goblinish
Sounds like a really great idea imo.. I love hugs and if you have not got many cuddley people in ur life, and you want a way to get close with someone of the opposite sex for a while but not get involved in some messy orgey then it has to be a good idea! Id go to one!
scotty
Sadow wrote:
rameshbn1 wrote:

Cuddling okay, sure, but it will also lead to orgies and stuff like that. If you ask me I'm not going to have myself cuddled by a complete stranger. People are so.... weird. But I can understand if people are realy lonesome.

Am I the only one wondering what is wrong with an orgy?

I'm joking.
Srs2388
hahah scotty... i was thinking the same thing Laughing
goblinish
scotty wrote:
Sadow wrote:
rameshbn1 wrote:

Am I the only one wondering what is wrong with an orgy?

I'm joking.

Nothing i rekon.. Its just a different kinda party! Smile
ThornsOfSorrow
Haha, I'm pretty sure that cuddle parties have rules that prevent them from becoming orgies (at least judging from what I've read about them). Anyway, I think it's a good idea. I wouldn't want to cuddle with a complete stranger, but for those who would, I can see how it has the potential to relieve stress.
joshumu
In the rave sceen they are called 'cuddle puddles' and they are, of course, acomponied with copious amounds of MDMA. I'v been in puddles in excess of 100 people, and the breakout of sex is not uncommon. But i dont do that anymore. Rave that is.
wsco
i think it is a great idea
but must have rules to control these parties
DarkJad
Weird.

Personally, I feel that cuddling is semi-intimate. Well, not intimate, but personal. I wouldn't just go and cuddle with somebody I don't know. I dunno, I'm weird. But I would just feel odd.

I mean, if you're the type of person who likes it, then great. Cool. I can think of worse ways to spend time.
greenwoodmonkey
With anything you will always get some sicko wanting to spoil a good thing for their depravity... I think these "cuddle parties" have the potential to attract those that "get off" on what is an intimate encounter between two people...

I recently read in the paper about a bar (see similar story here ... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5768893 ) where you can pay to assault the (heavily protected) staff as a way of stress relief... Now I can see this becoming a popular pasttime rather than the cuddling....

But if anyone is looking for someone overweight, slightly hairy and a good listener to hug... I'm here in Bangkok LOL
Tvis
I believe it is weird...there are more ways to relieve the stress...go out and sport. I run and mountainbike, takes away all the stress...no need to cuddle a couple of strangers. Although the idea of ending up in an orgy does not sound that bad, hehehe
But, no thanks, for the people that like to do that, go ahead, I won't stop you. It's a free country. But it is not for me.
tyrant
depends who you cuddling with, does help stress, if you enjoy cuddling some unknown person, i'd rather go for a good thai massage!
tijn01
What kind of world are we living in if we need to organise cuddle parties for a good decent cuddle. Go to a family member, partner, friend and give them a good cuddle!!
I think it is another typical american phenomenen, where life seem to be evolving in such an unnatural way that you need 'cuddle parties' to get a cuddle.....get real!
Citizen Kane
Hmmm, I think this says something about modern society. Why are people cuddling strangers? is it because people are ashamed if they cuddle a familiar person or a relative? And if so, what's the reason behind this?

Methinks modern society is too much aimed at being an individual and too less aimed at being a community. That's why people cuddle strangers and leave afterwards, not seeing eachother ever again...
D'Artagnan
I think that's to workaholics

Quote:

With anything you will always get some sicko wanting to spoil a good thing for their depravity... I think these "cuddle parties" have the potential to attract those that "get off" on what is an intimate encounter between two people...

I recently read in the paper about a bar (see similar story here ... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5768893 ) where you can pay to assault the (heavily protected) staff as a way of stress relief... Now I can see this becoming a popular pasttime rather than the cuddling....

But if anyone is looking for someone overweight, slightly hairy and a good listener to hug... I'm here in Bangkok LOL

it's cool Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
molif
are u sure they just gonna 'cuddle' for awhile..? im sure the guys are happy cuddling with those busty ones..
silentdae
I really don't think i'd be comfortable cuddling with a stranger. I cuddle with close friends and girlfriends but that's it. But I do think it's a good idea. It could be life-saving for suicidal/depressed people, make them feel loved and whatnot. I think it'd really spoil it if people started having sex at them though.
silentdae
tijn01 wrote:
What kind of world are we living in if we need to organise cuddle parties for a good decent cuddle. Go to a family member, partner, friend and give them a good cuddle!!

Who cuddles with members of their own family? Shocked
GProject
All I can think about is that scene in Fight Club when Edward Norton has to hug a bulked up MeatLoaf in order to cry their problems out. I don't think it looked that fun.