FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iron Man - the movie

ylmun
Allrighty,

Until they recast Iron Man, it is officially off my list of movies that I will see. I heard today that Robert Downey Jr. is going to play the lead character. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16718

If any of you ever read the comic book, then I think you'll agree;
I read about Tony Stark (Iron Man's alter Ego)
I knew Tony Stark
Robert Downey Jr., you're no Tony Stark.

Apologies to Senator Lloyd Bentsen
ftasyo
ylmun wrote:
Allrighty,

Until they recast Iron Man, it is officially off my list of movies that I will see. I heard today that Robert Downey Jr. is going to play the lead character. http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16718

If any of you ever read the comic book, then I think you'll agree;
I read about Tony Stark (Iron Man's alter Ego)
I knew Tony Stark
Robert Downey Jr., you're no Tony Stark.

Apologies to Senator Lloyd Bentsen

I agree. That Dalton-actor who used to play James Bond would have been an excellent Tony Stark.

Thanks for the post. If you have not raised this issue I wouldn't have known about Iron Man the Movie.

I used to watch it on TV as a kid. Very Happy
greenwoodmonkey
Oh my... why on earth would you cast RD jnr as the lead role in any movie??? the guy peaked in the 90's and since then has done nothing except over indulge in narcotics... is he the kind of person we are offering to kids as a role model now???

I for one would have rather seen some nobody take the role (as in Superman) than some washed up has been trying to remake a career by jumping on the Comic-movie-crossover Bandwagon.....

I think I might skip the cinema release of this one... I for one dont want to put any money in his pocket... it might end up being rolled up for something less than savory
gh0stface
Well, Tony Stark is a recovering alcoholic and Robert Downey Jr. has some experience in that department Wink

All kidding a side, I don't think the Iron Man movie is going to do so well. In my eyes, he's not really a fan favorite. Popular enough, but to make a movie out of him means that Marvel is just trying to push out as many heroes into a movie as they can before the Superhero market for movie dissolves.
Mayday
if Marvel were smart they'd ride out the superhero craze with Spider-man 3 and then just wait until the next big superhero craze in like 6-7 yrs, but like someone said above me, now that they have their own movie house they are gonna crank movies out the wazoo, JLA anyone?

As for Iron Man, him and Supes and Bats are characters that Im not fond of cause you cant relate to them. Tony Stark has always struck me as a rich "kid" with Money who builds a suit, with no true meaning behind, if I am wrong please correct me....the only reason I'll see the movie is to see the suit in action.
yy1124
Ouch...
This will be in my Most Wanted list right after Transformers - The Movie, hope to hear some updates about it soon~
shinnoyami
i want to see this movie, it intreagues me. I think that the comic book movies are a little overbearing- there seems to be so many. but i have heard rumours that there will be a movie with cross-overs and all these origin movies are for this one movie with all these heroes in it. but it's just something i heard.. not sure if it's even true
rfarrand
Hopefully this movie will be good...I want to see it, however i do agree with all of you that RDJr. is not the right casting for it. Can frihost count as a petition to get that changed? anyone?

I think we should start a petition...i am all for comic book movies...love comics and love movies...put them together and most of the time you have a decent movie! with the exception of a few.

Anyway, I vote for a recast.