FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Techno

Dwyer17
Techno, rap, hip-hop, and underground hip-hop pretty much dominate my favotire types of music to listen to. Techno is bomb. Agreed? Techno is a very unique genre because there are so many types of Techno. There is also ALOT of Techno out there that straigh up SUCKS. I'm lovin' those real good Techno songs, those bass pumpin' songs, those songs that you can listen to and just get into it, those songs that you can have a rave with. I think that Techno might have been meant for being in a not-normal state of mind, if you know what I mean. You can just get so into it, it turns into some amazing stuff.

Any Techno fans out there? Who do you listen to???
anxiety1
more of a drum and bass head myself

dont mind a bit of techno though,

what you been listening to?
Em_de_Tech
hehe i love techno. Very Happy it is like the most awesome thing in the world. I swear that if i get into the music i will recieve an adrenaline rush. I don't see how people can call it boring, repedative, yes, boring no. I like Vocal Trance the most but i do like all other techno too.
achene
Techno is really to digital for me, but its pretty fun to sit down and create your own techno songs. Another thing is that i hate that techno is always being played at parties etc. i find it annyoing that noone listen to good ol' rock anymore. hehe, thats of cause not 100% true, but i think to many young people listens to techno constantly.
Rap is even worse in my oppinion. I find the genre way to over-hyped and way to monotone en boring. Theres indeed to little variation in the songs and the lyrics are some of the worst i have ever seen. The genre is also extremely unmelodic. I dont really see why so many people enjoy hip hop, but well - as long as I'm not forced to listen i don't really care
pll
I Think Techno music is only good on a party or special event, like football game, car demonstration !

But It's my personnal opinion!
Keran
Except for discos techno sux in my opinnion. It's not a normal music, some strange looping sounds and thats all :/
Dwyer17
achene wrote:
i find it annyoing that noone listen to good ol' rock anymore. hehe, thats of cause not 100% true, but i think to many young people listens to techno constantly.
Rap is even worse in my oppinion.

Wait... You say young people listen to techno too much? Maybe that's true of the are you live in, but I'm pretty sure where I live, listening to techno is a very occasional thing. Most people don't even like techno. I love it thought, and listen to it almost daily for a little while, while relaxing or something like that, or maybe playing a game.

Agreed though, good ol' rock as you say, yeah, not so many people listen to it anymore. All the new rock, SUCKS. I cannot stress enough how much all the new rock SUCKS.

Rap? I love it.

Anyways, techno is boss.
Em_de_Tech
Of course Techno is boss!!! I don't really hate rap, it has the basics of techno believe it or not. (It's all about the beat as ironic as it would seem) In my area not enough people listen to Techno. I wish they would play it at school dances making them more like raves instead of the whole hip-hop thing. Techno rules.

(I'm capitalizing the word Techno because i praise it!) Cool [/b]
Dwyer17
Em_de_Tech wrote:
In my area not enough people listen to Techno. I wish they would play it at school dances making them more like raves instead of the whole hip-hop thing. Techno rules.

(I'm capitalizing the word Techno because i praise it!) Cool [/b]

Agreed. Not enough people listen to it haha. Also agreed on the school dance thing. My school played about three techno songs, the usual Sandstorm by Darude, which seems to be the only techno song any bad dj seems to know, and then some techno remixed pop songs (such as that 'every time we touch' song... lame)

A rave.. right on.
Blaster
my friend makes some good techno songs. www.nuhtowel.googlepages.com. I like techno i think it is very interesting. I like the band Scooter and some others ones too. I gota say Maria i like it loud is my favorite one though. I just love the bass to these songs.
Emmons
I seriously never knew there were bands for techno. Until on day bam I found on the internet a guy who makes techno. I really like techno gets me in a happy mood sometimes. Pretty sweet stuff.
Dwyer17
Emmons wrote:
I seriously never knew there were bands for techno. Until on day bam I found on the internet a guy who makes techno. I really like techno gets me in a happy mood sometimes. Pretty sweet stuff.

Lets' not call them "bands"... Not sure what we could call it, but a group or a person that publishes techno songs is for sure not a band. If a band to you is simply anything or anyone or any group of people that makes music, than whatever, go ahead and call those things a band. But technically speaking, band is not the right word.
Emmons
Hey like I said never knew there were bands. I just know a person who makes techno. I a techno Artist more like it. lol
all-australian-reject
I am really into pop punk myself, but i have a small part of my heart allowcated for techno.
My favoutie techno songs are
Sandstorm - Darude
Eurodancer - DJ Mangoo

Some techno songs can be repetitive and boring though, but so can a song from any kind of genre. Its all about moderation Cool
tingkagol
i dug house, d&b, trance a while back (Kaskade, Ming+FS, Miguel Migs, Basement Jaxx, Chicane, Daft Punk, Tiesto, Moony, etc). Now it seems chill-out/ambient is the only thing that stayed for my tastes. I eventually left my electronic listening a few months ago to rekindle my love for rock, but i still do listen to couple of electronic artists every now and then, but not that saturated as it used to be.

Zero 7
Late Night Alumni
Imogen Heap / Frou Frou
J Davis
etc etc
Fenroy
I tend to not listen to any one "artist" if you can call it that in techno. I just open Winamp and turn on my favorite internet radio station ever: Digitally Imported. They have lots of different streams with lots of different tastes, but it's all some form of techno. I personally prefer the trance variety. No vocals and lots of crazy beats.

If you want a taste of Digitally Imported, just go to http://www.di.fm and pick the brand you want. It's all great fun.
davince
Trance has much more variety then techno, when you are liking melodies in your music, just like me.
But Techno has a much more technical beat element.
So it haves much more pressure in it.
And that`s also fine with me.
Em_de_Tech
davince wrote:
Trance has much more variety then techno, when you are liking melodies in your music, just like me.
But Techno has a much more technical beat element.
So it haves much more pressure in it.
And that`s also fine with me.

Hehehe. Most people, like myself, actually consider trance as a branch of techno. So technically, all the different varieties of trance also belong to techno, and techno can have a really huge range of varieties.