FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HELP with a SHOPPING CART!!

Satori
Ok...so I've nixed the idea of using paypal's free shopping cart because it doesn't have the functionality I need.

I need a shopping cart that will allow users to buy as many unique single items off my website as they like. Paypal's shopping cart options allow users to buy as many items as they like (including multiples of single items...so that's out because I only have unique items that there are only one of) or allow them to only buy one item at a time (so to buy more than one, multiple transactions are required.)

So in short, Paypal shopping cart SUCKS.

I need a third party shopping cart. I need this cart to allow users to buy as many single unique items as they wish. Users need to be able to check out with a credit card or with paypal. Shopping cart must be able to calculate shipping based on # of items purchased and type of items purchased. All of this needs to be easy to integrate into my site and easy to update and regulate the inventory on my site.

So who's got some experience in this area? Anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to anything, even coding my own...but I have yet to learn php or asp or any of those server side scripting languages.

I would prefer some sort of 3rd party cart that is free...though as I said, I'm open to all suggestions.

Please help me out!!!

Thanks!
Handyman
Paypal buy now buttons do suck!

Your site looks great.

Shopping carts plentyful. I personally prefer cre oscommerce. Oscommerce is a full store and has all of the functions that you are looking for. It is fairly eaty to customize to your tastes. Another solid shopping cart is virtue mart. This works well with joomla and mambo and is very customizable. You can integtate any of these into your site and get the look and feel close to your current theme.

I also have many other open source carts listed on this thread

I hope that this helps.
Satori
Handyman wrote:
Paypal buy now buttons do suck!

Your site looks great.

Shopping carts plentyful. I personally prefer cre oscommerce. Oscommerce is a full store and has all of the functions that you are looking for. It is fairly eaty to customize to your tastes. Another solid shopping cart is virtue mart. This works well with joomla and mambo and is very customizable. You can integtate any of these into your site and get the look and feel close to your current theme.

I also have many other open source carts listed on this thread

I hope that this helps.

Handyman - Thanks for the info! I am looking into CRE and VirtueMart. Can you maybe elaborate a little on the differences and the pros and cons of these two carts? Why do you prefer CRE? Any additional info you can give would be very helpful!

Thanks again!
Handyman
I like the CRE loaded oscommerce because it has a better more user friendly admin section and it is more secure than the regular oscommerce. I used it for almost three years until I sold my aftermarket auto parts business. It was very easy to customize the look and feel through the css. I shopped arround and tried many carts and CRE was the best solution for me.

As far as virtue mart goes I have only fooled around with it and it seems pretty user friendly and I like how well it integrates with joomla and mambo for more flexability. As you probably know joomla is a great opensource content management system and there are countless components that you can integrate into it.

I dont think that you can go wrong there are many shopping carts availabe just test the demos.

I hope that this helps.