FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Outlook and anti-SPAM application

bosschaerts
SEO, publishing your site leave a trail of email, and you cannot always use a fake email because sometimes you need to conform a mail.

On a dayly basis about 80 or more spammails are received. frustrating.

I tried SpamFighter, but it blocked my computer / outlook several times because I still use Outlook 2000 instead of XP.
I was a great lover of BlueFrog, untill it was hacked and all the spammail returned, even treats!

So now I use Spamihilator for almost a month, it works but a lot of learning needs to be done (SpamFighter was easier)

Which antispam tool do you use to get rid of all those spam emails?
Is anyone familiar with Spamihilator ? Wink

Greetz, Rudi
tester9
perhaps you try another emailsoftware. many of them have an integrated spamblocker. normally your mail provider should have spamfilters so that you do not download any spammails to your local mail account.
johanfh
Most mailproviders have build-in spamfilters. But you can also create an existent emailadres wich you use for confirming etc., for example with Hotmail. This gives you some advantages: your email doesn't tell too much about you, you can confirm check-mails or registermails and it's web-based, so you don't need to download all the spam, just open your mailbox, check all the spam and click 'delete', ready!
And, the fun is: your a frihostmember. So I guess you have your site with frihost. That gives you de possibility to create unlimited mailboxes @yourfrihostaccount, with web-based mailreaders Squirlmail and Uebimiau. So you don't even need Hotmail!

Succes,
JohanFH