FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

rat

Shaula
I have my own rat and my friends rat in the same tank but I think that its not big enough for both of them. I don't know what to do... Wait until I have enough money for a bigger tank (could take a couple months) or should I get rid of my friend's rat?

They've been together since they left the litter, so I don't know if its a big deal... I'd say they're about 1/2 the size of a full grown rat
lilsmash
That's awsome I want a rat. Are they hard to take care of? I have a ferret now what would be harder to take care of?
Peterssidan
I once have three white mices. They were all girls they say at the shop but after som mounth one of them get some baby mices. She didn't like them and she left them to die. No one survived. After some time they bagan to scratch on themself so much that they lost there hare on thet spot and soon It was so bad that we have to kill them.

I'm no expert on rats but wath I was thinking was that if it is to small space for your rats they maby begins to attack each other. But they are friends so I don't know.
HoboPelican
Shaula wrote:
I have my own rat and my friends rat in the same tank but I think that its not big enough for both of them. I don't know what to do... Wait until I have enough money for a bigger tank (could take a couple months) or should I get rid of my friend's rat?

They've been together since they left the litter, so I don't know if its a big deal... I'd say they're about 1/2 the size of a full grown rat

You told us how big the rats are, but how big is the tank? If they aren't fighting, I dont think there is any immediate issue...just have your friend start saving up for a new tank, also. It shouldn't take long, especially if you check out garage sales...you can get them for almost free ( I just gave away 2 tanks for 2 bucks a few months ago.)
tomcelica
I'm just curious,

What is the biggest Rat you have ever Seen (with your own eyes)

And where did you see it.

My largest Rat experience is about 14" plus tail. And it was in a restraunt trash bin in Lake Oswego, Oregon.
tomcelica
One evening, I was walking thru the International Market Place in Waikiki. There are these giant Banyan Trees about 50 feet tall. And this rat was running across the top of the tree somewhere and he slipped.

As I was walking I heard someting falling thru the branches, and the rat thing landed about 5 feet in front of me. It was freeky.

More odd was that the rat survived. After about 30 seconds of lying there, it stood up, shook itself off and scurried away....

What rat experiences have you had?
Citizen Kane
DON'T TAKE THEM APART!!!

Rats need other rats to survive! They are the only animals who die of lonelyness. So better a small space for two rats than a single rat with a lot of space.

You can always build your own ratmansion, there are enough plans on the internet to build a large space for less money than those expensive cages they have in stores.

Please keep them together!!!

(I also have 4 rats, and have been owning rats for a couple of years, take it from me, once you separate them, they die.)