FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Xfire gaming

Manofgames
if u want, post ur xfire addy down, and see and go and play against them online.

for more info visit :http://www.xfire.com

it comes with battlefield 2 and some other games.

my addys manofgamers
Tasa
Xfire is a lot more then just finding someone to play against. It is an instand messagener program with gamer support. Even the ablity to receive and reply to messages without ever switching programs. Also as the games you play need updates you can set xfire to download them as then come out. Really nice if the game you play host files on those server were you have to wait in line.

As to my username check my sig. But for the most part all I play is Guildwars.
Nitro15
Not only that in is also good for clan or guilds to use. The joining of games function is great for Counter-Strike Source players as well as the RTS players. The recording of the time spent in game is also a cool way to have fun with friends and lets you rink how much of a life you have. Not to mention the free voice chat is also a nice feature when your teamspeak or ventrilo is down. I use Xfire every day and I think it is a very useful too in playing games.

Nitro1515 and I play WoW and CS:S
Em_de_Tech
I had Xfire on my last computer. It was pretty useful. Only downside to it, personally, was that i was the only one out of all my friends that had it. I added the people that i met playing HALO online to it. It works pretty nicely for that one. I remember that it had some kind of problem with WoW (World of Warcraft). I think that it was a hotkey to respond was thesame as an action in the game. (But that really easily fixable and i was just too lazy Smile )
Cov3r70ps
Xfire is great. Its amazing for friends. Its amazing for a server browser for basically every top game out there. Its, as far as im concerned, a good instant messenger, that can instant messege whiel in game. Its also a private chat room like IRC if you need it. Plus it has microphone support as well. What else could a gamer ask for?
Tasa
Em_de_Tech wrote:
I had Xfire on my last computer. It was pretty useful. Only downside to it, personally, was that i was the only one out of all my friends that had it. I added the people that i met playing HALO online to it. It works pretty nicely for that one. I remember that it had some kind of problem with WoW (World of Warcraft). I think that it was a hotkey to respond was thesame as an action in the game. (But that really easily fixable and i was just too lazy Smile )

Yea the limited number of users is a big draw back. I am shocked more gamers don't use it. And like Nitro15 said the voice chat feature is nice and at least for me has better quality then some free TS and Vent servers. The good thing is a lot of companys have started to take advantage of xfire so I think the user base is going to grow. I also heard that sony is going to come out with a game that is intrgrated with xfire much like Matrix online did with AIM for awhile.
SuperTongue
Tasa wrote:
Em_de_Tech wrote:

Yea the limited number of users is a big draw back. I am shocked more gamers don't use it. And like Nitro15 said the voice chat feature is nice and at least for me has better quality then some free TS and Vent servers. The good thing is a lot of companys have started to take advantage of xfire so I think the user base is going to grow. I also heard that sony is going to come out with a game that is intrgrated with xfire much like Matrix online did with AIM for awhile.

I've been using XFire ever since I bought my computer back in... 2004? It's really a great game. Like others have said, there isn't that many people who use it. Most of the people I meet in online games end up on my XFire list because they have it already. The chatting system makes life easier because you just press two keys (default) and type without closing your game.

Also, Sony is acutally using XFire as a base in their entire online service, not just one game! I think it kinda displays Sony as a bit of lazy or rushing to get their system out. Only time will tell...
Manofgames
I'm afraid XFIRE isn't a game, its a game chat client.

Are sony really going to use it for the PS3??

wo, that'd be good press for XFIRE, and shoould mean a lot of good publicity for Xfire
Psycho_X52
I've heard that the Emeny Territory CrossFire (XFire) team managed very well at the Quakeon2006 for a new team. It is very good that XFire is involving in gaming, developing a strong, united community.
tomardern
Quote:
it comes with battlefield 2 and some other games.

That DOESNT mean you can get BF2 free with xfire. Just in case you where wondering! Laughing