FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Dubai's Amazing Bubble Project!

Muffi

Ok thats the reason why Dubai is gonna be the best city of the world Very Happy
what do you say?

let me hear you speak Cool
myrevolt
I say its a hoax. Although Japan does have these weird indoor beaches, so I suppose its possible; I just don't know the why. What I would like would be personal bubbles, like in Bubble Boy and the like; would benefit people that are clumsy Wink
ahamed
humm... it's sure that in near future Dubai will be one of the most crucial business place for the world .. actually dubai government and the country people wants this achievements .. but along with this dubai also become one of the most expenive city to live in the world ...
mephisto73
Sounds like BS to me.
HoboPelican
Muffi wrote:

Ok thats the reason why Dubai is gonna be the best city of the world Very Happy
what do you say?

let me hear you speak Cool

LOL

That is pretty funny. Anti-gravity generators?Where did that story come from, a 1950s Popular Mechanics? I may be wrong, but the volume of helium needed to raise a city would be insane. Dubai has some incredible architecture, but this is just a joke.
joshumu
Just a joke. Alot more work would have went into the 'artists impression' a kid could have photoshoped that.
Muffi
HoboPelican wrote:

LOL

That is pretty funny. Anti-gravity generators?Where did that story come from, a 1950s Popular Mechanics? I may be wrong, but the volume of helium needed to raise a city would be insane. Dubai has some incredible architecture, but this is just a joke.

i suppose its not a joke, as far as i know, Emaar is one of the worlds best construction planner, and if they say they can do it, i wont doubt them, i see the palm island as one of there best achievements & no doubt maybe as we are aware of the techonology, there might be a way to do that too.. and that will be the first experiment, as we all know land is not enuf for the population rate we observe these days Very Happy
HoboPelican
Muffi wrote:

i suppose its not a joke, as far as i know, Emaar is one of the worlds best construction planner, and if they say they can do it, i wont doubt them,

Yeah, the Palm Isalnd is neat, but it is not the sam esort of project.

I would be glad to be proven wrong, but look at it this way....

There is no antigravity generator
One liter of Helium lifts one gram
As an example, to lift a crusie ship of 70,000 metric tonnes, you'd need a balloon roughly 5000 yards in diameter. A US football field is 100 yd long, a mile is 1760 yds.

(Someone check my math, I'm not perfect)
scotty
It's a load of bull...
haak_heu
i wonder how will people go there , via planes ...
let see this is possible or not ...
how they will get water ...no pipe lines than ...
well there is every thing possible let see is this possible or not.
hunterm
Obviously it's nonsense, but it does raise an interesting point about whether Dubai (as a concept) is sustainable. It's built in the desert, has no natural resources to speak of (it's relatively oil poor) and has built its entire economy on pure speculation the there will be a tourist industry to fund its existance.

Property prices are crazy. The region is not particularly stable and with rising fuel costs... will people be flying there in 5-10 years time? Looks like a disaster wainting to happen to me.
Muffi
no seriously, my first impression was the same. but as i get to see how much dubai changed infront of my eyes in just these 10 years, i personally think they can make it possible as the newspaper last day said " foreign construction companies are invited to suggest" and not much to say i guess.. but then again SUGGEST what Question Question

just curious Shocked
indeedwrestling
We already have one of these cities. It's called Atlantis. Visit the bottom of the ocean anytime to see. Free admission with paid adult ticket.
goutha
This is just an old joke... not sure that they can realize this Smile

But the Plam Island is a reality