FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PALM OS for Tungsten E

Tvis
Since a few years I have this PALM Thungsten E. It is a very nice machine to work with, although it does not support the wireless technology in which we landed. Since it uses its original operating system but the Thungsten E2 for exemple come much fancier, I was wondering if it is possible to update or reload another operating system on my E. Because it is pretty boring the one that uses this PALM. Anyway...let me know...it will not be a problem if I need to reset the PALM...

Because one of the disadvanteges I face with this one, is that when it runs out of battery and you do no load it you loose all the data...And it goes back to initial settings... Crying or Very sad
tester9
no you cannot "upgrade" or "update" your palm os.

for a few different palm machines there are some hotfixes but not for tungsten e. i have this palm Wink and i was searching for such updates too.
the second problem is: the tungsten e has no wireless antenna or anything else. you cannot use something which is not integrated Wink

but perhaps you can look for software against data loss. for example: backupbuddy. there is "backupbuddy vfs" availible where you can backup your data on a sd card. or you take the normal version of backupbuddy where you can make the so called "zoom backup". it is working like that: you make a normal hotsync with your pc. backupbuddy makes a backup itsself. now, if you lose all your data you can bring everything back on your palm with zoom backup. it is working very good.

another small tipp: you can load your palm over usb. it is working very slow but it works.
disidro
Sorry, you can't upgrade your Tungsten E ROM because it's not flash ROM. And I think that the reason for the Palm official Wifi SD card not working on this device it's just Palm directives wanting us to upgrade to another newer model, because there's no other technical reason.