FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Banned by Animal on Forums?





Was NjRocket
Well, i come on to frihost, and i see im banned from the forums. I think i got banned for my advertising my website by Animal. I'm not sure what the heck he banned me for. Someone made a suggestion, and i posted with his quote to ask him further what he was talking about, and Animal bans me...... This is starting to get rediculous, i guess this is the time i should go to a pay hosting site, where the downtime isn't bad. The service from frihost is great, i love to keep it, but it seems like i dont have it anymore...
mathiaus
Was NjRocket wrote:
I think i got banned for my advertising my website by Animal. I'm not sure what the heck he banned me for.

As has been said before, admins are the only ones that can ban. This means that other staff members have to have supported Animals suggestion (myself being one of them).
The ban was relating to your blatant disregard for the warnings from Animal, both directly in your topics and via PM’s, of which I believe there was a large number given. There is no problem with advertising your site, however posting multiple topics about the same site is not allowed in that forum’s rules, which have been stickied and were pointed out to you specifically.



Was NjRocket wrote:
This is starting to get rediculous

What I find to be ridiculous is the way users don’t follow rules and act surprised when they get banned (after many warnings!).
Animal
If I could just add... it was actually six warnings that were given. Some by PM directly (and I therefore know that they were read) and others in topics:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52911.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-50188.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-39491.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-38141.html
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-37793.html

The fact you ignored all these warnings is bad enough, but how can you possibly be surprised you got banned???
NjRocket - Banned
I screwed up by posting it in the sports forums, it had nothing to do with the previous warnings about the advertise your website thread. So basically, im banned and lost my hosting for making a post? Don't ya think thats kind've rediculous to get your WEBHOSTING banned for making a mistake in the forums? Well it comes down to how long im banned for i guess? Is there a number or what, because it looks like im going to have to leave this service but it was great and didnt want to lose it.........
Animal
NjRocket - Banned wrote:
I screwed up by posting it in the sports forums, it had nothing to do with the previous warnings about the advertise your website thread.

Actually, that's not true. You screwed up by repeatedly posting new topics in the Advertise Your Website section when the rules of this forum clearly state that you're allowed one topic per site. Despite receiving several PMs and in-thread warnings "reminding" you of this rule, you still ignored it and continued posting. This is spam, a blatant disregard for rules and a total disrespect for what the people in charge are asking you to do.

NjRocket - Banned wrote:
So basically, im banned and lost my hosting for making a post? Don't ya think thats kind've rediculous to get your WEBHOSTING banned for making a mistake in the forums?

Nope. What I think is ridiculous is the fact that you think the rules don't apply to you, and the fact you thought you could get away with continually ignoring official warnings.

NjRocket - Banned wrote:
Well it comes down to how long im banned for i guess? Is there a number or what, because it looks like im going to have to leave this service but it was great and didnt want to lose it.........

This is a permanent ban. You brought this on yourself by ignoring rules and warnings. Perhaps you should try a paid web host - as far as I know there aren't any other free web hosts that offer the same degree of features as Frihost. You will not get your Frihost account back.
Guest
I completely see what your saying, but your missing my point here. From the last pm you sent about posting multiple threads in the advertise your website. That was because i came back from a month and forgot all about having a website posted in their and i forgot the rules over a month. It wasn't something i would remember. But heres the question, by me posting and stupidly posting in the sports forum, THATS what set off the ban am I right? I haven't screwed up or violated in the rules in the ADVERTISE YOUR WEBSITE for a while to my knowledge. I seriously got a permanent ban for that? I've been a member for over a year now, love the hosting, and lost it all? Theres no way to unban me for that? If i was unbanned, i wouldn't violate a rule on the forums. If there is nothing to do, than i'll have to talk to bondings or something. Kind've need the hosting, members are probally wondering where it is Sad.....
Guest
can i please have another shot? I want to get back to working on my site, it needs work, and i cant get on to see how it looks on the server.......
Animal
NjRocket - Banned wrote:
But heres the question, by me posting and stupidly posting in the sports forum, THATS what set off the ban am I right?

No, you are wrong. You were banned for repeated posting in the Advertise Your Website forum despite numerous warnings.

NjRocket - Banned wrote:
I haven't screwed up or violated in the rules in the ADVERTISE YOUR WEBSITE for a while to my knowledge. I seriously got a permanent ban for that?

"For a while to your knowledge"??? I don't believe that for one second. See all the links to your topics that I posted above. You blatantly ignored all these warnings and that is why you have been banned.

NjRocket - Banned wrote:
I've been a member for over a year now, love the hosting, and lost it all? Theres no way to unban me for that? If i was unbanned, i wouldn't violate a rule on the forums. If there is nothing to do, than i'll have to talk to bondings or something. Kind've need the hosting, members are probally wondering where it is Sad.....

I'm afraid that you made your decision to ignore both the forum rules and the six warnings you were sent. You now have to deal with the consequences of your actions... that is a permanent ban from Frihost.
Guest
I see what your saying, but your not addressing my obligation here. I know of the warnings by the advertise your website thread. Heres the thing your not getting though when im posting. I know of the warnings you had, but what set you OVER the edge, was the stupid freaking post by me in the advertise your website thread. I havent done anything wrong in that recently, I got banned for that post in the sports section. I know there was other things that went into it, but my point was that i got banned after posting in the sports forum. THATS what set you over the edge, understandable, but it was a stupid post that i wasnt even thinking.
If you say that i was banned soley for the advertise your website thread, than why did i get banned yesterday? I havent violated that thread in atleast a week. You see my point? I'm not complaining about that, im just saying that the post in the sports forum basically put me over the edge and got me banned, is pretty stupid. I lose hosting and the chance to post on these forums due to a stupid post and post in the advertise your website thread? If you say the sports forums had nothing to do with it, than why the wait to ban me if i didnt do anything wrong in that other thread? See the point im trying to get across? Ugh, just want another shot to get my hosting back.....please Smile
Animal
NjRocket - Banned wrote:
If you say that i was banned soley for the advertise your website thread, than why did i get banned yesterday?

Bans are not automatic. It takes a real person time and effort to get to a ban request and deal with it. You were banned for repeated rule-breaking and ignoring warnings. And you can't have your hosting back.

You've taken enough of my time already, so this matter is -closed- and so is this thread.
Related topics
Are you blocking ip address of banned users?
Frihost server (1) still banned by aol (mail) as spam ?
About Adsense Click Fraud
points, hosting
Evolution, the religion
Custom Windows Program Shop (Simple Only)
still dont know but this is cool
A (Thai) girl like me :-P
Which advertising is the best?
What do if you are banned/get your account removed for being
I was banned; May I make a new account?
my account is BANNED from forums
Ban Appeal
Can we ban "lulzy" English?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Guests

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.