FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should I make users register to submit their short film?

Make users register to upload short film?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

jayandsilo
I'm making a soon to be live short film site. Was wondering if you think I should make users register to submit or not. If you were a user would you register to submit a film or just leave the site. Keeping in mind the video will have to be approved so no crap will get through.
CyanEyed
i voted yes. otherwise anyone claim to have created a certain video when in reality its some one elses
a.Bird
Registering generally creates a stronger sense of community, more thoughtful reviews, etc. As long as it's free and not terribly complicated, I'd say make 'em register. Login/pass and maybe an email for a confirmation link. After that, additional profile fields can be completed at the user's leisure.
jayandsilo
well what I can set up is that if a registered users submits one I get their username submitted into the database, and if they're not registered it just gets listed as anonymous.

Yeah the sign-up is just those fields anyway. I will look at adding more fields for users to fill out in a profile.

Thanks
neji
I vote yes,

It will be a brake for people who want to put crap on your site but remeber their will also be people who just leave your site (but not that much i guess)
mantasx
No, man. Is just purely gonna get on users nerves. At least my friends and me would leave that kind of site immedeatly, if there is nothing supper good in it...
jayandsilo
keeping in mind that I first have to accept the film so no crap can get in