FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are you a Good Human Being???

ccer
Because God couldn't be everywhere, he made Mother!!!

This saying is indeed true and I believe it very strongly.. Mothers are so very special to all of us. My mother is someone whom I respect the most and love the most. The love that your mother does to you is the purest form of love....totally unconditional.

I would say that the one who hurts his/her mother knowingly on purpose is the greatest sinner. When you are confused about something being right or wrong....one best solution could be to ask yourself and analyse if that decision would respect your mom. Then, you most probably will be right.

But, the tendency we see today is such that the children of today have become very much self centered. They don't care much about their parents, their family which has done so much for them. What we are today is all because of our parents. How can we just forget that and ignore our need to them? This, I believe is totally insane..

Lastly, that person who is not able to be a good son or daughter will never in his/her life be a good human being. No matter how much money he accomodates or how much prestige he earns, he will always be a loser.

So, it is very important today for all of us to ask ourselves.....Are we a Good Human Being??
joshumu
My environment dosent alow me to be a 'good human being'. Jah knows i try. As long as we buy things that keeps the people of this world in utter poverty there are no 'good humans' in this country. And we cant be untel some of our leaders are 6ft under. In an effort to be a 'good human' im leaving this country next week to join the impoverished in their struggle. Ill be back when things change here.
wsco
ccer wrote:
Because God couldn't be everywhere, he made Mother!!! Shocked Shocked Exclamation Exclamation

this God is not a true god
the real God is everywhere and has the unlimited power

and about myself -thanks God- i think i am good human being

Quote tags corrected by HoboPelican
HoboPelican
joshumu wrote:
My environment dosent alow me to be a 'good human being'. Jah knows i try. As long as we buy things that keeps the people of this world in utter poverty there are no 'good humans' in this country.

And in one line, you paint every single person in the US as being "not good".
Nothing like stereotyping and making blanket accusations to demonstrate the depth of your kindness and compassion.

Sorry if that came off a bit strong. I imagine you believe you are being noble and standing up for what you see as a higher purpose, but your statement reeks of arrogance and hate. Good luck in your struggle.
songsalways
i think i am... on the basis of my own conceived criteria and other generally accepted GOODNESS' parameters.
well, then first lets find out what is meant by good or what are the parameters of GOODNESS.
Here are some points that i found from various sources "compassion, caring, humility, grace, brave, good companion, honesty, Peace, love, forgiveness, harmony, truth, faith, hope, light, joy, comfort, understanding. etc at a higher degree than others.
I think it takes a lot to make a good human being. The parameters are just some names and the actual requirement depends upon the situation and the viewer. I mean the fact that you are a good person depends upon who is saying so...

It gets too complex. But if you have enough love and honesty with you, you are a good person.
i think i am...
cocobirdi
Quote:
Lastly, that person who is not able to be a good son or daughter will never in his/her life be a good human being. No matter how much money he accomodates or how much prestige he earns, he will always be a loser.

i think the defination of "good son or daughter" will vary from parent to parent and "child" to "child". some parents are ridiculous in their demands and would have you believe that the "child" is not a "good child". i wasn't a "good child" but i'm out of the house and i have steadfast morals, a good work ethic, don't lie, cheat, steal, whatever. my greatest sin is procrastination.

for your statement to be true, the parent has to be assumed to be a "good parent" and not all parents are good parents.
window2
How can you expect kids to be above the society in which they live. We live in a postmodern world littered with mass consumerism. Postmodernism allowed people to make up their own minds about what is good and bad. It has taken exitentialism to the negative extreme and has completely corrupted society. There is no universal truth, so good or bad depends on the person.
adredwood
Window2, i think youre taking the postmodernism thing a bit far (if we have to take it at all) - for there to be no objective truth would render the world inoperable and everything around us subjective. I could greet a stranger today by stripping naked and hugging them, or punching them in the face - either could be argued as my own personal greeting that is just taken the wrong way, if there is no truth. Similarly, news reports of mass murder (655 000 dead) can be dismissed as they can be interpreted in different ways by different people... There is truth, you just have to choose which truths to trust, based on evidence, sources, morality etc. Either way, the devil is still the devil even when viewed through postmodern eyes.

So to the original question, i hope i am a good person, as im not sure anyone can claim more without having a good conversation with themselves when drunk, or dating themselves for several months, both of which seem discouragingly difficult feats to pull off. My sin is my laziness, if anyone finds a cure would they please let me know.

Andy
watchai
I think I'm just a normal guy.. good mix with bad.. depending on my mood... When my mood is good, I can be like an angle but when my mood is bad, I'm totally a very bad bad man Twisted Evil