FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Latex on FriHost

linexpert
Are we ever going to have Latex on FriHost? On my forum i want users to be able to type in math forumlas and such but need latex.
thanks
Bondings
linexpert wrote:
Are we ever going to have Latex on FriHost? On my forum i want users to be able to type in math forumlas and such but need latex.
thanks

What do you mean by having Latex on the server? Do you mean a Latex parser or something similar? I rather think you need to have a module/mod on your forum that makes those formulas appear, maybe using Lates or something different.
linexpert
take a look at the replies on http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52506.html

Quote:

Quote:
1. Latex
You may need to ask your host for help with this, but you need latex to be installed on your system. tetex is a common such package - have a look in /usr/bin for latex and dvips

Latex is an interpreter language as php. You need to run a latex interpreter on the system, where your board is installed. So ask Bondings for installing Latex on FriHost...
Bondings
I installed the teTeX package on server 2. Now it's up to you I guess. Very Happy
linexpert
thank you very much, i now need to figure out how this works Very Happy
infinisa
Hello linexpert

I'm really interested in your project:

Quote:

I'm also trying to find a way to place maths expressions on forums, web pages etc.

Plese let me know if & how you manage, now that the teTeX package has been installed on server 2.

Guess I'll have to do some homework on this too!