FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

good fps

Shaula
im looking for a new fps to play. i have day of defeat source, the counter strike series, bf1942, bf vietnam, and bf2. im looking for a new game to play adn i was looking at hl2. is there anything else that is good?
Keran
Try F.E.A.R and F.E.A.R Combat
TonkPilz
plus the FEAR expansion will be out next month 20 Oct i think Very Happy
and then u have Pray for some mindless Alien bashing and dark Messiah will be out the 13 Oct also a super game u can download the demo to your steam accu free ofc
Vanilla Crazy
You guys spelled all that incorrectly.

I recomend Americas Army. 100 percent free. Government made.
Cov3r70ps
America's Army is good and all, but the rounds are too long the way I see it...

I suggest Unreal Tournament or Quake. They are the other top sellers besides the oens you mentioned. They are more fast pased than the games you seem to be used to playing but they are good.
Bakera
I'm with you on Unreal and Quake. F.E.A.R is also excellent, however, I didn't get into it as much.
Manofgames
Vanilla Crazy wrote:
You guys spelled all that incorrectly.

I recomend Americas Army. 100 percent free. Government made.

americas army is good, though you have to do the training first, and the game can only be played multiplayer, but it is worth it.

try matrix: path of neo, thats good. nice action shots and it is interesting being the one. Its not the best game though.

Battlefield 2 - You must get this. its a fps, but its multiplayer, and the expansion pack is supposed to be good 2.

u can get the expansion pack and the game for about £30 in a deluxe edition.

have a look at http://www.strategyinformer.com/ for other games
linkman2004
Dude, get Halo for the PC. It's most definitely the best FPS game ever made, which is mainly seen the through the amazing multiplayer. It rocks! Oh, and single player is also really good. Razz
darth_revan
XIII is a good fps, if you want some new taste.
Manofgames
darth_revan wrote:
XIII is a good fps, if you want some new taste.

i tried that, very original, but gets ever so slightly annyoing.

pretty good game though
fuzzy91
F.E.A.R Combat is free and good for an online game that's free, very good infact. The graphics are just as impressive as the gameplay.

Though one FPS that is yet to be released, Crysis, looks astonishing. This game looks so intense, the visuals are mind blowing and the gameplay wil surely follow. If you're into FPS, then I reccomend you keep your eye out for this one. Though I beleive it may be PC Exclusive theres good reasoning, Direct X 10. Anyone packing a DX10 computer with the power to play this beast on full power, will be very lucky. Imo Crysis may change FPS gaming and set a new standard. Hopefully.

~ Fuzzy ~
Nitro15
I would say try Counter-Strike Source. This is for a few reasons:
1) It is easy to pick up. There are a lot of good players out there, don't get me wrong, but you can avoid them and learn the game without too much hassle. It is easy to head shot people witch is one of the main reasons to play an FPS and so this makes it more enjoyable to play when starting out.
2)The bots can be easy or hard. You can make a server, or join one, with bots. The bots can be set to several different settings and you are able to advance your skill level with no one bothering you about it. The bots will learn your strategy and so forth making it harder as you progress in the round or game.
3)It stays fun! I have been playing for a while now and it is still fun! The maps you play don't have to all be the same old thing. The maps as well as game type can be custom made adding an extremely high replay value.

Again I recommend that you play Counter-Strike Source.
ChaosMike
If you're into realistic military FPS, try Operation Flashpoint (or wait for the newer game, Armed Assault). I for one will be first in line for that game.
confu
Try Warsow, it's free, and fun. Shooting and all that Razz

http://www.warsow.net/

Or try Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, also free and fun Smile

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/news.php

In both games, if you have a normal computer, you can play with high fps, i reach 333, and in Enemy Territory 125, the magic number Wink Have fun.
darth_revan
ChaosMike wrote:
If you're into realistic military FPS, try Operation Flashpoint (or wait for the newer game, Armed Assault). I for one will be first in line for that game.

Yup, flashpoit is a good game. But it's not FPS, it's Simulation.

In FPSs,
You don't become happy when you kill an enemy. You don't feel heroic when you kill an enemy group of five soldiers. You don't fear enemies, you don't panic when you see an enemy.

But in Flashpoint, you do exactly what i wrote, just like a real soldier... Flashpoint makes you feel like you're on a battlefield. You don't act heroic, because you know you can be killed with one headshot.

Flashpoint is more than just a game...
xkobram
Yeah, F.E.A.R., I love this story!