FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Printer printing everything two times

Roald
I've bought a HP deskjet 5740 and everything works fine, except one thing: the printer prints everything two times. Even when I shut my computer down and I start it, printer starts printing. Does anybody of you know what to do?
otiscom
Assuming you are running on Windows, Open printers from the 'Start - Settings' menu click on 'Advanced' an there is a setting there for the number of copies.
Make sure this is set to 1.
fadirocks
and don't use the "Print Button" always go to file --> Print or Ctrl + P to see the full menu and from there you can how many copies are being printed!
if you already doing that ouch try to contact the online HP help you can chat with live support
Roald
Well, I tried both and none of them worked: the number of copies was set on 1. However when I looked in the start balk(I don't know it in English so this:
) I saw the printer icon (right corner) I clicked on it and I saw that my print order stayed still in the list, so I right clicked on it and chose Exit. And now all is fine.
I hope it will stay fine Smile .
Roald
So, this did not work, and now my printer is printing everytime as mad...
Does any of you know what I have to do?
Prabhu Raj
1. Unplug the power cable to the printer and leave it for arround 3 to 5 minuites.

2. assuming your operating system is win 2000 prof or higher. you go to control panel > administrative tools > services > and stop the print spooler service.

3. shut down the computer and the remove the power cable to the computer and leave it for 3 to 5 minuites.

4. connect back the cables to computer and printer and start your computer.

5. check your printer settings.

if these things are done and even after that you are facing the same problem then i suggest you contact hp customer care.
Roald
Prabhu Raj wrote:
assuming your operating system is win 2000 prof or higher. you go to control panel > administrative tools > services > and stop the print spooler service
But I work with windows XP... and I have looked already on the hp site...
Prabhu Raj
Roald wrote:
Prabhu Raj wrote:
assuming your operating system is win 2000 prof or higher. you go to control panel > administrative tools > services > and stop the print spooler service
But I work with windows XP... and I have looked already on the hp site...

Not on HP site. I mean you should seek technical assistance from HP technical support person from your country's toll free number or your country's email support address.
mikethm
Have you tried...

1. Disconnect the printer from the PC.
2. Uninstall printer from Control Panel/Printers.
3. Remove the printer driver.
4. Restart computer.
5. Reconnect and reinstall printer. Thist time following exactly what the installation program ask you to do.
ssthanapati
Ya reinstalling the printer driver may help. And this time when uninstalling b sure 2 unplug the printer first or otherwise it would start 2 print again Wink